Your very own radar gun - Dipstick
I might be miles behind the times and everyone knows this, but for less than £20 you can buy this radar gun (nominally a toy) that does actually measure speed up to 100mph. So now you really can work out whether your neighbours are speeding or not.

First link is to Amazon for the gun, second is to a chap who tried a lighthearted experiment in his street with it.

tinyurl.com/6zpkmm

www.cockeyed.com/science/radar/radar.shtml

Your very own radar gun - Altea Ego
Very amusing. specially mr spud head.

But

He was lucky not to get a police 38 special bullet between the eyes when he was crouched down beside the car pointing that thing.
Your very own radar gun - Lud
I remember California as being a mimser's paradise. Not everyone does it, but it is more normal than not.

I can't help wondering though why the chap in Sacramento set out to harass the traffic in his street when he had already established that it was mimsing along below the speed limit.

What next after little pink trikes? Realistic pools of blood and guts in the road? I'm surprised the fellow wasn't arrested.

Amusing toy though that gun. I'm almost tempted.

Edited by Lud on 17/09/2008 at 16:01

Your very own radar gun - cheddar
I like the sign off:

"Pink tricycles work, but to really slow traffic on your street, nothing beats a police car."
Your very own radar gun - Bill Payer
I read about these guns in the US - apparently parents buy them for training their kids to pitch baseballs. Gets pretty competitive!!
Your very own radar gun - Tron
Use that where I live and someone will come back and not only take it off you but hit you for being so Victor Meldrew!

Like the ball speed idea though. A group of us get together to play a bit of cricket still so I will suggest this for use in the nets!