New Kia Rio - b308
Ok, I just need a bit of clarification as I'm a puzzled person at the moment! A friend of mine has just bough a new Rio and has told me that its as big as her Dad's Astra (2004 model)... now the old Rio (up to 2005) had a bigger version with a large boot, over 400l, but as far as I'm aware the new one is purely a supermini with a 270l boot, so I can't see her claim as being right!

I've checked on the Kia website and they only list the small one, not the "extended" one, so I'm not sure what she has bought! Anyone know if they are still producing the older one or if she is just getting a bit dippy in her old age?!
New Kia Rio - Sheepy-by-the-Sea
There's only one Rio body shape, definitely 'supermini' - roomy enough for adults in the back but the boot's not particularly big.

My wife's had one a few months now - and apart from the bouncy ride (a bit unpleasant in the back) she's well pleased with it - especially the diesel engine- though 50mpg is more realistic than the advertised 60!
New Kia Rio - b308
Cheers, thats what shes getting the 1.5 diesel!
New Kia Rio - Happy Blue!
The old Rio was an odd car, being sort of a long small estate rather than a Focus or Fiesta sized hatch.

The new model is a large supermini, and as such will be similarly sized to the original Astra or Golf.

Friend bought an automatic for his wife who is very pleased with it (and me since it was my recommendation!).
New Kia Rio - jase1
The old Rio was an odd car being sort of a long small estate rather
than a Focus or Fiesta sized hatch.

Similar to, and several years ahead of, the like of the 206sw.
New Kia Rio - b308
Looking at it it was the same as my Fabia estate and about the same vintage, and like the Fabia had decent boot space unlike the 206sw! - I did look at it but they didn't do a diesel version at the time.