How much was my car when new? - Badwolf
Evening all.

I've just bought a 1995 Saab 9000 2.3 CDE Auto off Ebay for #565, which is buttons for a quality car that's only covered 95k over it's 13 years and has a full service history.

This got me wondering how much the car was when new. Any thoughts?

Cheers.
How much was my car when new? - Pugugly
According to a 1992 edition of CAR I happen to have to hand around 23k would get you one.
How much was my car when new? - Badwolf
Blimey! Aren't big, old cars great? Unless, of course they break down or Uncle Alistair taxes them off the road! I can't quite believe that I've got so much car for so little money.
How much was my car when new? - bickyboi
I had the same result on my used 2004 rover 75 2'5 contemporary. Over £28k when new (with a few optional extras - i had the sales invoice) and i bought it 3 years later for £7500. helped along by the demise of Rover but a fantastic luxury car for used focus/astra money.

I have since had to dich it unfortunately after 1 1/2 years of happy motoring due to the exact reason you stated- tax (road an petrol). Shame though, quality car ideal for anyone with fewer finacial commitments.

Edited by bickyboi on 15/09/2008 at 14:10

How much was my car when new? - Group B
I bought a 9000 CDE off Ebay 5 and a bit years ago as a temporary car, it was 14 years old and had done 180k miles.
I only intended keeping it 2-3 months but enjoyed it and ended up keeping it for 8 months, and got a reliable, v. comfortable, cheap 15k miles out of it. Mine was only a 2.0 16v non-turbo but it was surprisingly nippy considering.

I think they are great bargains for cheap luxury motoring, provided they have been serviced correctly (although mine hadnt!).

One motoring publication considers the 9000 the cheapest way to a reliable 300bhp car (with easy modification, full turbo models).