Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - looking4car
Hi ,

I was wondering if anyone had rented a car through Ryanair (Hertz) at Dublin airport.

I'm getting a tempting quote of £86.15 for a week for a VW Fox or similar.

I haven't rented a car for ages.

Are there likely to be hidden charges on top of this ?

I cannot find any mention of "excesses" on any damage etc.

easycar.com offer a car for £77.10 but then offer a 'zero risk option' for £41.93, i.e total of £119.02.

Any experience out there ?

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 14/09/2008 at 11:11

Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - Avant
"Are there likely to be hidden charges on top of this ?"

If it's Ryanair, almost certainly! The same goes for Budget - at least it does in South Africa so probably the same worldwide.

National / Alamo is the one I find the best value.

Edited by Avant on 13/09/2008 at 23:05

Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - bathtub tom
I rented a car from a 'well known' hire company at a large airport in the republic.

The car I'd booked wasn't available, but I could upgrade at my cost.

The seven days I'd been quoted, was actually six.

My credit card was charged in GBP, converted from Euros at a rate beneficial to them. There was a rider on the credit card slip (conveniently folded under, and hidden from my view) that said something to the effect:
The customer has agreed to this conversion and had the rate explained to them.
I hadn't. The card was capable of dealing in Euros, and converting to GBP at a rate far more beneficial to me.

I won't name and shame, suffice to say there's a country I'd be reluctant to visit, and car hire company I wouldn't touch with a barge-pole!
Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - Armitage Shanks {p}
I would ring Hertz and negotiate, using Ryanair's quote as a basis for discussion. They must be paying MOL to have their banner on his website and a commission on the rental so they should have some flexibility for dealing with you direct. Beware of XS CDW charges - they can cost as much as the hire itself!
Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - nortones2
The OP might want to check out www.dailyexcess.com/ You can insure the excess on CDW separately from the car hire Company outrageous rates. We used this recently: no experience of how they perform in the event of a claim though.

Edited by nortones2 on 14/09/2008 at 11:09

Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - Armitage Shanks {p}
Also insurance4carhire.com. £47 for a year's CDW XS in europe and also a daily rate available for one off hires such as yours. I have used them for many years and my one claim was settled with a month.

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 14/09/2008 at 11:24

Ryanair car hire dublin Hertz - cattleman6
Alamo is the one which I went to when in Cape Town last Christmas-New Year vacation. I got them after looking up Car hire 3000 on the web and they gave me a good choice. An excellent car at an excellent price.
Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - Bill Payer
easycar.com offer a car for £77.10 but then offer a 'zero risk option' for £41.93
i.e total of £119.02.

I haven't hired in Europe for a few years. but £11/day seems astonishingly cheap. Even the higher figure is less than I would have expected.
Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - injection doc
my brother hired a car in Ireland,& checked it over carefully on collection & found a mark on the paint not listed. Unfortunatley it was raining & didn't check the screen
Upon returning the car a week later the hire owner walked striaght to the chip in the screen ( which rang alarm bells for my brother ) & demanded 100 euro's. Nice little scam my brother thought & a heated debated arose. half an hour later my brother insisting on previous paper work for previous rentals for the same vehicle eventually 4 hires before the very same chip had been noted & previous drivers had been charged for the damage to the screen.
Nice little earner 100 euro's for a screen every time a hire car goes out!
He stayed demanding an apology but they refused & eventually was sent of the premises. So for my brother Irleand is one place off the holiday list.
I Doc
Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - motorprop
i doc - that is Ist degree fraud. I would write to the police in Ireland with the car reg particulars and other details of the scam - get them to contact the other hirers... he could write to the office owner advising him what he intends to do and ask for 100 euros not to do so - though he might destroy documents if that happened..
Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - NowWheels
he could write to the office owner advising him what he intends to do and ask for 100 euros not to do so

He could, but he really really shouldn't: that's blackmail.

Either tell the Gardai or don't, but asking for money not to implement a threat is the sort of thing that gets you in heap big trouble.

Edited by NowWheels on 15/09/2008 at 01:55

Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - lotusexige
i doc - that is Ist degree fraud. I would write to the police in
Ireland with the car reg particulars and other details of the scam - get them
to contact the other hirers...

It might be better to write to Bord Failte, the Irish tourist board as they do take the business og tourism very seriously.
Ryanair car hire Dublin Hertz - daf
I rented from Europcar at Dublin airport last week. Booked at very short notice, to attend funeral. Easy website, no queue at desk, very efficent overall. I didn't have time to compare prices but seemed very reasonable. Rented Mondeo, no cost upgrade to virtually new SMAX. Also rented from Europcar at Geneva twice, each time with free upgrade. Seems like a good company to rent from.