Overheating? - beccakinn
Hi All
I have a question with regard to a 'European specification' car being sold here in Qatar.
We live and work in Doha and it is STINKIN' hot here! We really want a Mitsubishi Pajero (sold as the Shogun in the UK) and have found one with 178km on the clock. It is obviously a brand new 2007 model and would suit us very well. However, a mate of ours went up the road to the Mitsubishi dealer. This dealer gave him a story about a particular job lot of Pajeros being bought by a Kuwait company for use in Iraq. For some reason, the 'European specification' means it will not functionover here and will repeatedly overheat and cost a fortune to fix.
Frankly, I don't know what to believe. This particular dealer is selling a 2008 model for less than 10% more than the one we found so it won't hurt us to get a dealer model but I am intrigued by this story....
Any thoughts from anyone?
Beccakinn
Overheating? - brodie
Hi there
Im entrigued by this story as well , as a owner of one you are right to avoid bying a european model i am from scotland and purchased my shogun just over a year ago it has cost me a fortune on repair costs its in the work shop at the moment and have just been told the worst nightmare i was having overheating problems and thought that it was just the thermostat it wasnt, its a cracked head gasket whitch is going to cost £1000 to repair ,mitsubishi dealer told me that some of the engines were built in tiawan but most were built in japan its the tiawan engines that are failing so i phoned up some branches for more information and they agreed that there was a problem with the tiawan engines but when i phoned head office they know nothing about it,crap.
But be extra cautious if you own a L200 .
Overheating? - cc123
right i take it that brodie you are on about the shogun sport, there have been some that do crack the swirl pots in the cylinder heads, apart from blocked radiator, it is nearly always a cracked head or gasket that causes overheating on this model, same as the l200 up to 06my, if you are as in the original post on about a shogun, then they are sound, next to no issue, just make sure that the egr cooler recall has been carried out. yes different regions have different specifications, such as in cold climates, they often have 2 batteries, and heavy duty starter motors, in the middle east the air will not be as dense so the ecu may have a different map on it, which will have consequences on the air/fuel ratio, which if wrong can cause overheating, i would stick to a middle east spec shogun.