99 1.8 Vectra mileage counter problem - ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond
I have a 1999 Vectra. The digital reading where it say the mileage and also the digital reading you can zero for trips have a problem. They seem to flicker and are non readable. Both are the same. This problem is not there all the time, it seems to be 50/50 if its readable or not.

The digital display abover the radio is readable but some of the numbers have parts missing.
Hope this makes sence and hope someone can help.

Thanks.
99 1.8 Vectra mileage counter problem - John S
Can't help on the first one, but the second is a very common problem with that model. It's the pixels in the display unit failing and the only answer is a new display. Mine failed in a couple of years and was replaced by Vx, so no idea what it cost.

JS
99 1.8 Vectra mileage counter problem - Dynamic Dave
There is a how2 over on vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk for trying to repair the info display.

Just wondering if the mileage display is imminent backlight bulb failure or simply a loose connection. There is also a how2 over there for taking the speedo housing out to access the bulb.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/09/2008 at 22:06

How to repair the TID Display (I should point out that this repair isn't always successful) :-

www.problemcar.nl/opeltje/mid%20reparatie.htm

How to remove the dash clocks:-

homepage.ntlworld.com/cavweb/misc/veccyclo.doc

Thank you.
Never did get around to sorting this out....

I can get hold of a whole fascia but will it say the mileage off the car it come from or will it read my mileage?

Thanks.

The mileage of the donor car will be displayed, IIRC.