97 1.3 Endura A - fitting an auxiliary belt - lenny_hicks
Hi, I was wondering whether anyone could help me. I seem to be having a problem trying to fit my new belt on to my petrol 1.3 endura E with power steering but no A.C. I don't know the routing of the belt as it snapped when I was driving, and every route I try ends up leaving a fair amount of slack. Plus I can't tell whether it has a automatic tensioner or you use the alternator.
any help with the routing would be much appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 03/09/2008 at 21:00

97 1.3 fitting a auxiliary belt to 1.3 endura E - Screwloose
lenny

Forwards from the top of the crank; backwards round the tensioner; up and over the water pump; forwards and over the PAS; backwards round the guide roller; down and round the alternator and back to the crank.

Edited by Screwloose on 03/09/2008 at 19:38

97 1.3 fitting a auxiliary belt to 1.3 endura E - lenny_hicks
cheers screwloose i'll give that a shot, just one last question do you know if it has a seperate self-adjusting tensioner or do you need to use the alternator to adjust the tension?, because I find it really hard to tell as the both look like rollers. cheers, thanks
97 1.3 fitting a auxiliary belt to 1.3 endura E - Screwloose

If the alternator is fixed; the lower roller [nearest the crank] should be the tensioner.
97 1.3 fitting a auxiliary belt to 1.3 endura E - lenny_hicks
thanks again for all your help screwloose I think it is the alternator as it seems to be hinged by two bolts either side of the bottom roller.