new cars with delivery miles at auction - steven2008
I being looking at picking up a 12 month old new shape 320d m sport couple. I being looking at the auction route and hopefully will pick up an ex management car if not one of 1 year olds coming off lease.

I went to blackbushe and found a number of 08 plate cars going through with delivery miles. Now maybe I am cynical but is there anything wrong with these cars and is there an increase risk associated with purchasing them.

I hear horror stories of these cars being returned cars with defects or cars that have been damaged on the transporter and never recorded on the hpi.

So do you guys have any advice as I saw a lovely a5 coming up, but don't know how to proceed. I have also heard that sometimes Audi will bid up the price of their cars at auctions such as the TT's and the A5's. Is that actually true?

Thanks can for any help,

Cheers

Steven

Edited by Pugugly on 31/08/2008 at 21:22

New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - Chris M
An auction buyer will have their nose to the ground and be in a better position to smell a rat.
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - rtj70
I'd have thought an 08 plate car going through an auction has some history. Otherwise why isn't it on a forecourt?

But we're about to have 58 plate cars so maybe these are short lease cars or hire cars?
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - Pugugly
I know of one Audi dealership in deep poo poo - selling cars off cheaply to pay staff wages. Matter of time before their stock and others like them will be heading off to Auction.
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - jase1
If it were simply a case of needing shot of a number of them cheap, would it not make more sense to push them through a broker though?
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - Bill Payer
I thought A5 was hard to get though? Having said that, I'm amazed at how many I've seen, especially in our rural backwater. (Perhaps I keep seeing the same one :-) ).
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - Mr.Tee43
Auctions are sometimes used to establish the worth of a car.

I remember when I was younger, two brand new Rolls Royce Carmargues were put up for sale at BCA Brighouse. I remember that they fetched way over their list price, with a dealer buying both of them.

I still have a picture of me posing at the front of one of the cars trying to look "Posh".

In any case. if the Audi are 08 models,they will still be under warranty !
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - pd
The simple question is: who was selling them? Which sale was it in will tell you a lot about the cars reason for being there.
New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - steven2008
Ok thanks, I am going to have a look at one tomorrow. Best bet is the hpi and have a look at the log book etc to see where its come from. I also thought the a5 were hard to get so interesting to see what the story is with them.

New Cars with Delivery Miles at Auction - steven2008
Registration GF08VHO
Registered 12-06-2008
Colour BLACK
Mileage 264
Equipment Air Conditioning Alloy Wheels Leather Trim
The first obviouis thing to check is what sale it is in - 80% of the time that will tell you who the vendor is.

You do sometimes get quite new cars in lease/finance disposals and these are increasing. People are cancelling leases, companies are going bust and employees being dismissed which can mean an early return of a car.

Manheim have got a '57 plate 4.2 Quattro A5 being sold by Arval in tomorrow's in Leeds sale too.

Edited by pd on 31/08/2008 at 22:02

The car you refer to is being sold by Lex Contracts so is most likely a cancelled fleet/lease order the supplier would not take back.

You can probably expect some online bidding for that one.