2003 1.8 tdci 115 - lumpy running - chriswspongecake
Help needed please - my tdci 115 focus has been running a bit lumpily in third recently and today when driving in traffic in I think 2nd gear at about 2000rpm, several times when I took my foot off the accelerator the engine ran on & even tried to increase the speed! Any idea what this means? I've seen various references on the web to injector recalibrating - is this likely to be needed or would it help to put some injector cleaner through the engine - I'm not sure if this is recommended with these engines ??

Secondly, I've been thinking about having the ECU remapped by a reputable firm to boost the rather naff low speed torque & improve fuel consumption, does anyone know if this can help the above problems - presumably they would look at the ECU and find out if anything untoward is happening anyway??

Any other thoughts?

thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/08/2008 at 01:01

53 1.8 tdci 115 - lumpy running - Screwloose
chris

I'd check for any air entering the fuel lines before doing anything else.
2003 1.8 tdci 115 - lumpy running - dogdays
If its the same as the later ones they all seem to do this on and off to a certain extent. Ford usualy blame the Bosch EGR unit when you go in for a service, but say that as the engine management has not loged it as a fault, Ford will not take it as a warantee claim. Have you been using cheap supermarket fuel?

I blame the company I work at for buying the thing in the first case.

P.S Screwloose advise on fuel lines is good though.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/08/2008 at 19:20