Any more ideas on these faults? - strange but true
My son has agreed a price on a mitsubishi colt,subject to a friend taking a look over it.He noticed that it was pulling to the left,the salesman said it had the wrong size tyre put on it.
He also head the clutch was squeaking.The salesman said those things would be put right when the car goes into the workshop next week before we test drive it again.

A friend who is going to look over it next week hthinks it's a possibility the car has had a front-end shunt (he hasn't looked at it yet,so it's just a thought)as also suggested we check it is not an import .I couldn'y see any sign of a respray,though at the time i wasn't looking for that.

Any more ideas for when we go to look at it again??
Any more ideas on these faults? - Screwloose

Yes; walk away.

Glib-talking salesmen will say/promise anything; once they've got your money, it's your problem.

This is clearly not a routine trade-in; a friend may not spot the repairs - but his "inspection" will be used against you.
Any more ideas on these faults? - tintin01
What year and how much is the car? My local dealers are doing new basic Colts for £6.5k, and for £185 you can get three years servicing. There are lots of them about so I wouldn't buy anything that you are not 100% sure of.
Any more ideas on these faults? - strange but true
What do you mean by this is clearly not a routine trade in?

Edited by strange but true on 25/08/2008 at 23:25