Servicing late Passat TDi - Andy Brookman
I have always serviced my own cars in the past, however, I have recently purchased my ex company VW Passat TDi 1998 model. I have enquired with Haynes, but they have no plans to introduce a service manual for this car, Help! I really really don't want to be forced to go to a garage for servicing, but without a decent service manual I am a bit stuck.
Does anyone know of any souces of a service manual for this car.

TIA
Andy
Re: Servicing late Passat TDi - Ian Cook
I have the same problem with my Xantia HDi but bought the Haynes book that covers the models up to "S" plate (discontinued 1.9TD). Apart from engine electronics that are specific to the Direct Injection diesel (which you need a degree in rocket science to tackle anyway) most of the manual from the previous model applies.

Things like oil and filter servicing are pretty much intuitive, and the service intervals will be given in the owner's handbook. Many other usefull things such as brakes, bodywork and wiring diagrams are applicable from the previous model. See if you can get a peek at a Haynes book (Halfords usually have the odd one with the wrapper removed). You may be pleasantly surprised.