1994 1.0 automatic: car stalling - karen r
iv only had this car for a few weeks and for some reason it cuts out after 15 mins with no warning then a light on the dash comes up with ncvt. i can start the car up normally again but am very worried about what this means. also sometimes the car jerks slightly and feels as though it may just cut out until i rev the engine.

Also has anyone heard of 'not enough air in the fuel tank' as apparently i also have this problem which also makes the car cut out. as you can imagine it would be quicker to get a bus the amount of times it stalls.

Edited by Pugugly on 20/08/2008 at 20:37

1994 1.0 automatic car stalling - Screwloose
karen

Where on earth did the "not enough air in the fuel tank" come from? [Not enough fuel in the tank will definitely stop it - but air??]

Running/idle problems on these are often the - very expensive - MAF airflow sensor. There are DIY fixes for it though. Does it have a warranty?
1994 1.0 automatic car stalling - jc2
Not enough air in fuel tank could only be a blocked vent to the tank.
1994 1.0 automatic car stalling - SaabFanatic
Could well be the throttle body - see thread at...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=56361

...for the link to the DIY re-soldering guide.
1994 1.0 automatic car stalling - karen r
no warranty for the car im afraid.
for the 'not enough air in fuel tank' problem have been told to get a new cap as when you undo the old one it hisses as though its dragging air in. nissan dealers are no help, but its very worrying when it cuts out as its done it in the middle of busy junctions and iv had to get out and undo the fuel cap to start the car up again, its the only way it will start the car!!
1994 1.0 automatic car stalling - Screwloose
karen

If removing the cap cures the problem; then the thermostatic EVAP valve, located on the end of the head, has stuck open. That controls the level of vacuum in the tank - you've got too much.
thanks screwloose, got the cap sorted now and fingers crossed it hasnt happened again. just the ncvt thing to sort next hopefully without spending too much on it.