What price for 55' passat at auction? - audiA6tdi
Hi

After having a company car for a few years Im now in a job where I need to buy my own. Im looking at either an Audi A6, VW Passat or Ford Mondeo. Hatchback or saloon models & 2.0 diesel engine with manual gearbox.

I favour the passat, although maybe not the best looking ive had one before and they are a good drive & fairly decent build quality. I also like the A^ but they are a little more expensive.

Can anyone advise what an ex fleet 3 year old Passat would cost?

thanks
dave
What price for 55' passat at auction? - Pat L
If it's a current model, SE spec and has covered approx 60,000 miles I'd guess about
£9k. 90,000 miles about £7.5-8k. Just my guesswork!

Remember that new cambelt/tensioner needed at 60k miles.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - stackman
I would have said closer to £6-£7k.

At the auction I was at recently stuff like Passats, A4's and 3 Series weren't even getting a bid. The dealers have enough people downsizing to focus sized cars they don't need any more "family sized" stock.

You might get lucky, and if you could live with a petrol engine you would probably save £1,500.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - stackman
As I thought, just had a quick look at Auction View, their average price for a 55 reg Passat 140 TDI SE with 77k miles is £6717.

BCA are showing a fair number of Passas all around the country at the moment. Don't forget the buyer's premium though.
what is the buyers premium for a car aroun th 6-7k mark?
thanks
What price for 55' passat at auction? - cheddar
Remember that new cambelt/tensioner needed at 60k miles.

>>

An advantage of a Mondeo III or X-Type (have you considered one of those?) is that they are chain cam.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - Mapmaker
Glass's gives:

Volkswagen Passat SE 2.0TD Diesel 4-door Saloon
6 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive Year: 2005 55 Mileage: 60,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £8170
Average condition: £7320
Below average condition: £6440

Mileage: 90,000

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £6940
Average condition: £6220
Below average condition: £5470

It's a bit bonkers to worry about spending an extra couple of hundred on a (cambelt for a) car when you are spending 6-8k, isn't it?

What price for 55' passat at auction? - cheddar
It's a bit bonkers to worry about spending an extra couple of hundred on a
(cambelt for a) car when you are spending 6-8k isn't it?

Hmm, could cost £600 + on a Passat or A6.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - Alby Back
Before you totally commit to diesel have a think about this. I am running two cars at the moment ( don't ask ! ) One is a Ford Mondeo 2.0 diesel, the other is a Vauxhall Signum 2.2 petrol. I do a fair mileage and decided to check something due to a coincidence. Yesterday I took the Mondeo and in the course of the day it covered exactly 350 miles. It had been filled to the brim the night before. On my return I filled it again. It cost me £45. Today I used the Signum. By pure fluke I did exactly 350 miles again. I filled it up on my return. It cost me £50.

So over identical distances with the same driver, the petrol car of a similar size cost £5 more to travel 350 miles. Still a points win for diesel you might reasonably say. Except that the price I paid for the petrol car was at least £1500 less than an equivalent diesel.

Not quite so clear cut as it was.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - Mapmaker
>>Except that the price I paid for the petrol car was at least £1500 less than an equivalent diesel.

Once you hit 5/6 years old, the price difference has dropped to nearly nil, hasn't it - they're both £1,000 or a little more. And if you don't mind smelling like a fish and chip shop...
I like the drive of the TDI engine. Has anyone here got a petrol passat? I used to own a 1.8T audi A6 (T reg) and although i wasnt really fast it did a good job and was probably one of the best cars ive ever owned. Great drive and comfort.

With the cost of diesel going the way it is I think a petrol car is a good choice. Im not sure though if there will be that many at auction as fleet cars tend to be diesel.
What price for 55' passat at auction? - Pat L
It's a bit bonkers to worry about spending an extra couple of hundred on a
(cambelt for a) car when you are spending 6-8k isn't it?

>Hmm, could cost £600 + on a Passat or A6

It's not just the cost I was alluding to. It was the fact that a car with 65-70k miles would fetch less and (hopefully) have had the cambelt replaced, so the saving could be a grand or more and you'd still have another 50k miles or so before the next replacement.

What price for 55' passat at auction? - spikeyhead {p}
Having driven low and high mileage Passats, Mondeos and A4s, the Passat noticeably wears after 90 to 100k miles. The Passat at 60k will be about £1k more than the Mondeo and the A4 another £1k on top.