1998 2.0 - low tickover/stalling problem - riccardo0183
hi there,my problem is that my engine management light has stayed on even after changing both front & rear oxygen sensors(both from honda) on my accord.when take the car out of gear & into neutral the rev counter dips well below lidel point(750) & almost stalls causing me to keep the revs up whenever i put into neutral.the car was serviced last year was slightly better for 2 weeks then back to its usual stalling.

Please Help

Riccardo Edoni

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/08/2008 at 19:21

1998 ?engine - low tickover/stalling problem - Dynamic Dave
Engine details?
1998 ?engine - low tickover/stalling problem - riccardo0183
engine code F20B6
Thanks for your quick reply

Riccardo
2.0 ltr vtec f20b6
The fault came when going through a flood.got both sensors changed,still light on & low revs.got checked again by computer & came up with sensors that were the problem,even though i just got them changed??
forgot to mention,when the car gets fully stationary the revs will then rise back up to 750(where it should be)

Thanks
1998 ?engine - low tickover/stalling problem - Screwloose

There are no codes that say "change the sensor" - just that the sensor's signal is incorrect. What were the exact code numbers?

Did it stop in the flood, or suck in water?
no code numbers,i dont think as i saw it(display oxygen sensors at fault or lambada) myself on handheld computer.
The car did not stop.as for sucking in water dont know if that happened.no residue on oil filler cap,if thats how you check?! there was no problem with the car until going through that flood.

Riccardo
1998 ?engine - low tickover/stalling problem - Screwloose

If anything approaching such drivel was displayed on the scanner it should be sent back to e-bay. What were it's live-data readings?

As you have post cat sensor; you'll have Honda P-codes and they contain seven various pre-cat sensor codes alone, without adding all the post-cat HEGO codes and the two-digit and generic EOBD codes as well.

Not a single one of those will say "faulty sensor;" they'll all refer to some factor of the sensor voltage, or heating circuit, that isn't as expected - for whatever reason.

As the codes indicate a sensor signal[?] fault; monitor, or scope, the output voltage and see what it's doing. If they're running lean, look for a misfire or a cracked exhaust manifold - they don't like being suddenly quenched.

If they're reading rich; check the air filter isn't clogged - they don't like getting wet either.
ebay?? got it checked at local garage(not honda) the parts(front & rear oxygen sensors) were from honda garage. The filter is like brand new.

Will try to get codes for you.Thanks for your info