TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - Tron
I am looking for a contact number or the provider of the TMC service to Vauxhall fitted NCDR1100 Siemens combined tuner Satnav with RDS please.

Managed to find the software provider (Navteq or via Fleabay) for the mapping - just the TMC to sort out now...

All of the hardware is there to receive TMC - just need to find the provider!
TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - JamesH
I'm not sure how helpful this reply is, but do you actually need anything else for the TMC. I don't have that specific satnav, but do have one built by Siemens that uses the Vauxhall discs (since the original manufacturer decided to abandon their own updates). Popping the CD into the computer shows a number of folders including a TMC one. My satnav can't utilise it so I might be wrong, but I would have thought the hardware of the NCDR1100 and software on the disc would somehow be able to extract the TMC data that I believe is transmitted hidden within the Classic FM signal.

I have both the 2006/07 and 2007/08 UK discs and to be honest there doesn't seem to be much different between them. A couple of roads completed around 2006/7 are on neither. I have been meaning to pop the older disc on eBay, which might be a saving if you want to buy it off me (mods - not sure if I can post that here, so remove if not allowed).
Hi James,

Mods - if you would supply James with my email address please so we can get our heads together on this one!

James - thank you so much for the offer - accepted!

Tron.
TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - Dynamic Dave
Done. James you have email. DD.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/08/2008 at 14:34

Hi DD & James,

Many thanks for this. Been looking for ages (Nov last year when I bought the car) for the TMC software!

I really am dissapointed in the TMC package included with the Snooper though as the Satnav map guidance and the speed camera Enigma database really are the best so far I have used.
Many thanks to all at Honest John for putting me in touch with James re: software.

Without your combined help I would have still been looking for the software I needed.

Yes, it works!
TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - PaulSmithe
Can someone tell me how to get the TMC working on my NCDR1100 - I have 2008 Navteq map, tuned to Classic, but never get any TMC messages?

Any help in getting this working would be appreciated
Would a Mod be able to forward my email address to JamesH and/or Tron to see if their solution will resolve my problem?
TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - smokie
Emailed both original posters requesting assist
TMC Vauxhall NCDR1100 unit - JamesH
Hi Paul

I'm not sure if I'll be able to help in this case. In Tron's case, he had an old map from around 2003 or so without the TMC software.

While TMC signals are generally 'freely' transmitted, someone has to pay somewhere down the line and so the vehicle manufacturers would pay for the navigation disc to have the software to receive these signals. Vauxhall/Opel, for whatever reason, decided initially not to pay the TMC subscription for the UK and so the capability was not present on the older discs. They were not the only ones, as VW did not pay for the UK TMC for software to accompany the MFD2 nav unit.

I had bought the Vauxhall 2006/07 UK & Ireland disc, not for a Vauxhall but another manufacturer's Siemens VDO unit that has no TMC support at all, though they share the mapping. I had upgraded to the 2007/08 disc (which wasn't much different, including new roads built between early 2005 and early 2006) and so sold my older disc to Dave.

In his case, inserting the newer disc installed the newer software including TMC capability and that solved his issue.

As you already have the newer disc and I don't know the settings of the Vauxhall units, I'm stuck as to what to suggest. I would guess it would be a setting issue, rather than the station tuned to for listening. Does the unit give the option of automatically selecting a station for TMC or must you choose one? The Classic FM bit might have been a red herring, as I believe there is more than one company transmitting TMC messages piggy-backed onto radio stations.

Last thought is where the disc came from - was it direct from Navteq, a Vauxhall dealer or somewhere else? Not that I'm aware of any differences but I have only used the yellow Vauxhall/Opel logoed ones.
Actually, just checked, its 2007. It was in car when I got it, but it's yellow with a vauxhall logo.

The system pops up a menu after a few seconds of using satnav, asking if it can retune to a TMC station, so I think the settings are right. Here's the strange thing - last summer, when I went over to Belgium, it was working.

I have contacted Navteq, and they don't know if the disks for this unit can do 'UK RDS-TMC', and the dealers are clueless :(

I'm wondering if it needs a different disk to somehow enable it, but neither Navteq or Teleatlas can say (Teleatlas don't actually do one for my unit).

Hence, I'm desperately trying to find out how it worked for Tron, ie, any particular files on the CD, that I can then go back to Navteq with and ask if that exists on their disks? Or do I need to go for another car manufacturer that uses a similar system to my NCDR1100?