00 1.8 Engine management + oil pressure lights - jase1
This car seems to be playing up something rotten recently, so I thought I'd put a post up.

The main thing I've noticed just recently is that, on startup, the oil pressure light flickers about 1-2 seconds after the engine fires. Additionally the engine management light appears and disappears intermittently (both of these happened at around the same time, about 250 miles ago). Assuming a sensor glitch when the engine management light first appeared I was going to wait until the MOT (due Sep 12th) but I'm not so sure now.

The engine is running normally and the oil level is just under the max -- exactly where it was 5000 miles ago when the car was last serviced.

Additionally, about 2000 miles ago the light that tells you when the screenwash is low stopped functioning. Again this didn't bother me at the time, but all these things happening almost together has got me wondering if there is not something more serious going awry behind the scenes.

Car is a 1.8 Nissan Primera Mk3 (QG18DE engine), 220,000 miles, with unknown service history from 80,000 to 190,000 miles.
00 1.8 Engine management + oil pressure lights - REMMA
I have a 1.8 Petrol 01 plate. The engine management light is stuck on and airbag warning light flickers intermittently. This seems to have been caused due to the alternater overcharging the battery and electrical systems to the point of spiking the ECU. The alternater only overcharged at intermittent times ie: once or twice a fortnight or month prior to being changed. Certain systems seem prone to excessive electrical charges.
00 1.8 Engine management + oil pressure lights - jase1
I'd forgotten all about this post...!

Sounds like I'd better get it looked at. If it is the ECU going bonkers it's probably best to get shot before the bill arrives.