Thinking of selling my C3 - welshdotcomfairy
Well I've never been onto a forum like this before so hoping someone can help me.

2 years ago I bought a citroen C3 1.4 sx 03 reg. Its got the panoramic sunroof that they boast about on the annoying adverts and a cd player, electric everything blah blah. All sounded good at the time. I'd previously had a citroen ZX 1.6i J reg which had been FAB! I'd gotten to the point where I thought it might need replacing so I opted for another citroen. I've regretted it ever since.

I've had nothing but problem after problem. Unidentifiable electrical problems meaning the car has gone into limp home mode about 6 times, all of which have lead to them not knowing what has caused it because the code it comes up with is not recognised. Power steering going all of a sudden, then coming back with no logical reason. Then one by one things going wrong - I've had to call RAC out 4 times in just over a year. Last week I spent £350 on my car giving it new wheels and new brakes etc etc. Only for it to break down 2 days later costing me another £90.

I'm just about at the end of my tether. I'm thinking about trying to sell it (its got everything new on it now - it can't have anything else wrong with it - but I've had enough!) and replacing it with a ford focus.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how much an 03 reg citroen C3 1.4 sx (top of the range) would go for now? I paid £5,500 for it 2 years ago. If I can't get much cash for it then I'm not going to be able to change it .....which is highly annoying because I LOVE cars but this one has totally changed my mind.........

Anyone that can give me any idea would be doing me a HUGE favour. Also is replacing it with a ford focus a good idea? I've heard good things about them - both reliability, and enjoyment to drive......

Lucy

Croeso/Welcome - deleted your e-mail address for your protection mainly.

Edited by Pugugly on 06/08/2008 at 22:30

Thinking of selling my C3 - ifithelps
The drive of a Focus is pin sharp, they stick to the road like glue and go round corners at speeds you'll find hard to believe.

But don't take my word for it, go to a Ford dealer and have a go, and let's hope they offer something half-decent for the Citroen.
Thinking of selling my C3 - MikeTorque
Book price for a C3 1.4i Sx 03 reg. around £2900 px for av. miles and good condition.

My wife changed her Citroen Xsara for a Ford Focus, the Xsara was a total lemon, the Focus she has is a superb car with zero issues.
Thinking of selling my C3 - stunorthants26
On your side is that trading from a small car up to a big one is what dealers want right now as you take a larger, higher CO2 motor off their forecourt in exchange for a smaller, easier to sell one.
When trying to trade in a large car for a small one, I had enough trouble finding anyone who would take it, let alone for a good price. Your in a strong position so be a bit cheeky on your PX, you may get lucky.

Focus is kinder an obvious choice, but if your not into cars and just want decent transport they seem to be a good choice. I just couldnt buy one on account of there being quite so many about and I value my individuality :-)
Thinking of selling my C3 - The Melting Snowman
You have my sympathy. If you are like us, you just get to a point when you've had enough and want to see rid. We traded in our previous car for a Focus since we couldn't tolerate the seemingly endless problems. Without a second's thought I would classify the Focus as by far the best car our family has owned. It just works, day in, day out, rain or shine. It is just completely and utterly fit-for-purpose. In almost 16000 miles it has given no problems whatsoever. Not even a light bulb. Not a rattle or squeak from anywhere. And it's an absolute joy to drive, with a sweet almost inaudiable engine, and chassis, steering and gearchange that puts many much more expensive cars to shame. In the Focus I find I take the long route home, it's just such a great car to drive. To hell with the environment and petrol costs.
I just couldnt buy one on account of there being quite so many about and I value my individuality :-)

Maybe, but that can work to your advantage since you can be fussy about choosing the right one. Lots to choose from meaning you can avoid the dross (underpowered 1.4 petrol, ex-rental, ex-driving school cast-offs).

A petrol 1.6 Focus is a fine car. It should do 40 MPG (despite what some people say). Any less and there's either something wrong with the car or the driving style. We have recently come back from France, four adults plus boot crammed with luggage and ours averaged 41MPG on a mixture of decent fast roads and motorways.

And of course the usual Ford strengths - reasonable servicing, parts, easily maintained etc. Any mechanic who can't fix a petrol Focus deserves to be given their P45.
Thinking of selling my C3 - Waino
I would classify the Focus as by far the best car our family has owned.>>

Here, here! We've done 50,000miles in ours now. It's a 1.6 petrol, and I'd echo all of your comments including the mpg figures.