Won a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - Mapmaker
This turned up in my inbox this morning - if anybody fancies chasing it they're welcome to, I don't think I'll bother... It says everything about second hand car prices that the temptation of a BMW alone is insufficient and they need a large cash wad too!

(As it's a premium rate 0703 number I've blocked some of the numbers out.)

REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:2551256003/23.....You Won
You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:03 August 2008 05:26:28
Reply-to:bmwclaims_consultant2008@live.com

To:

THE INTERNATIONAL AWARENESSPROMOTION DEPARTMENT OFTHE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.22 Garden Close, Stamford,Lincs, PE9 2YP, LondonUnited Kingdom. Reference Number:BMW/2551256003/23 Congratulations!!! The BMW Automobile Company wishes to congratulate you on your success asone of our Ten (10)Star Prize Winner in this year International AwarenessPromotion (IAP) held on 1st August 2008, in London. This makes you theproud owner of a new BMW 2008 X6 xDrive 35 Car and a cash prize of£750,000.00 GBP.Please reply to: BARRISTER.ALAN ROBERT.xxx HIGH TOWER ROAD WIMBLEDON SW23NE, LONDON, UK.EMAIL: bmwclaims_consultant2008@live.comTEL: (+44) 704-570-0xxx, (+44)703-592-8xxx You are also advised to provide him with the under listed informations.1. FULL NAME:2. SEX:3. AGE:4. NATIONALITY:5. RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS:6. CITY:7. STATE:8. ZIP CODE:9. OCCUPATION / POSITION HELD:10.PHONE NUMBER:11.FAX:12.EMAIL ADDRESS:13.REFERENCE NUMBER: Congratulations once more, and keep trusting BMW Automobile for topquality automobiles. Engr.Ms.Hope SchachterOnline coordinator for BMW Automobile Company.

{typo in header corrected}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/08/2008 at 13:41

Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - Optimist
Must be a lucky morning.

My e-mail address has just won over a million quid from Camelot in some fairly obscure way. Anyone who picks up Mapmaker's BMW can have my money to fuel it.

Edited by Optimist on 04/08/2008 at 11:32

Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - oldnotbold
I won a large sum on the Microsoft draw, apparently. Seems strange, but I'm now $2.5m better off, but I can't be bothered to pick it up, what with the credit crunch, oil prices, and the $ on the deck.

Thinking of sending it to the lady from Nigeria who emailed me asking for help with getting $75,000,000 out of her late father's Swiss bank account. Perhaps it would shut her up. She emails me couple of times most weeks.
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - gmac
Crikey !
I knew times were tough in the auto industry but for BMW to give up their domain name, resorting to live.com and running competitions from a residential property in a cul-de-sac.
Hard times indeed.
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - DP
It's almost a shame when spammers go to such lengths as using a valid domain name to appear authentic, then drop the ball on a trivial detail. BMW Automobile UK, being a complete nonsense for example - it's BMW UK. Which is itself in a completely different domain to BMW Group.

I'd be insulted to even receive this.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 04/08/2008 at 12:19

Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - Pugugly
I won a £100 on the Premium Bonds last month - I collected the winnings and bought myself a rather nice watch.
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - Armitage Shanks {p}
The address in Stamford Lincs does not exist, either by name or post code, so far as I can see. I checked as I live a few miles away
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - D2*
Was going to say it looks like a legit prize??.. until I got to bit that says 'the proud owner of a new BMW 2008 X6' only a total scammer could imagine someone could be proud of something that looks like the malformed offspring of a Sangyong Rodius!
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - bintang
My offer was for an Audi. Never liked them so won't bother.
Won a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - Brian Tryzers
Got a letter today to say that I overpaid my National Insurance in 2004-05. I presume that's a scam too and I needn't bother to pay in the 'refund cheque' that came with it. It's the government, you know - can't trust them with anything.
Won a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - gmac
Got a letter today to say that I overpaid my National Insurance in 2004-05...

I'd cash that cheque quick as the sender may reclaim it to help prop up their banking basket case.

Edited by gmac on 05/08/2008 at 11:46

Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - L'escargot
The address in Stamford Lincs does not exist either by name or post code so
far as I can see.

Inputting the post code PE9 2YP into the Royal Mail website "address finder" confirms that the address is valid. I hope this link works. tinyurl.com/6m9cgp
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - Stuartli
If it appears too good to be true, it's 99.9 per cent certain that's the case.

I'm currently about to become the European buying chief for a major international company after, remarkably, being picked out from amongst the scrum and being sent an e-mail giving me the good news, along with the details of my salary and employment benefits.

I'm not going to give them my bank details yet until I've thoroughly checked it out...:-))
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - mjm
>>I collected the winnings and bought myself a rather nice watch<<

You didn't have to buy it on "tick", then, PU?
Wom a BMW but can't be bothered to pick it up - an - whoopwhoop
I won a HP 530 widescreen laptop last week after winning in a competition I didn't enter.

The letter nearly went in the bin, until I noticed that it was from the Post Office and in relation to being automatically entered into the competition.

Sure enough 5 DAYS LATER THE LAPTOP WAS DELIVERED!

Result :-)