06 1.6Hdi Front seat removal -airbag disconnection - pmh
As I am going to have to transport SWMBO, with leg in plaster, a considerable distance, it would be better if she can sit in the rear with her legup.

To do this with effective seatbelt restraint will require the removal of the front seat. Sitting across the back seat with a seatbelt is neither comfortable or safe.

What problems are likely to occur if the seat sensor and (side) airbag connectors are disconnected? I assume it would be wise to disarm the the front n/s airbag if this is possible.

Will the Airbag control module try to disarm the whole system?

pmh

Edited by Pugugly on 03/08/2008 at 17:16

2006 1.6Hdi Front seat removal -airbag disconnecti - Dynamic Dave
The airbag system should detect that the front seat is disconnected and put the fault light on. Generally if the fault light is on, then the whole airbag system will be disabled. From reading other posts on here regarding Citroen and Peugeot, the system should reset itself when the seat is plugged back in; unlike Vauxhall (and possibly other manufacturers) where the system needs to be reset with a fault code reader.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 03/08/2008 at 16:07

2006 1.6Hdi Front seat removal -airbag disconnecti - Screwloose

As disconnecting the battery is out of the question; just turn off the ignition and wait ten minutes before unplugging the seat - keeping your head out of the expansion zone of the side and dash airbags at all times.

The system should detect the circuit fault and disarm the whole SRS system. This action has insurance implications to bear in mind.
2006 1.6Hdi Front seat removal -airbag disconnecti - pmh
Am I alone in thinking that a 'system' that disables the whole airbag system, purely because of detected fault of only one part of the 'system', potentially a bad design. We all know that seat connectors have history of coming apart, so why not design a system that only disables the defective part?

pmh