99 1.9d F8Q Kangoo/Clio engine: injector question. - carlwest
hello,

i have a renault kangoo 1.9 diesel f8q engine , does anyone know how to check the no 3 injector its the only one with the electrics going to it this is what it says on the manual cd ive got

The needle lift sensor is integrated to the injector
holder (cylinder n° 3). Its function is to transmit
the movements of the injector needle to the
computer. This allows the start of injection to be
deduced. The computer processes this information
and uses it to compare the advance requested
to the advance corrector on the pump to the
advance actually applied . In this way, the system
works as a closed loop.

but it doesnt say how to check how it works

any ideas please

cheers

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 02/08/2008 at 00:29

99 1.9d F8Q kangoo/clio engine: injector quesion. - Screwloose

Why do you need to?

They're typically around 100 Ohms and you check their signal with an oscilloscope.
99 1.9d F8Q kangoo/clio engine: injector quesion. - carlwest
hello, cheers srewloose, its chuffing out blue smoke and missing, jumping around until about 2500 revs. i have put a new advance solanoid i was told thats what it was, it wasnt. then i was told it was probably the diesel pump fitted a new one it wasnt that i have adjusted the timming on the pump running it 1 tooth advancec and it stops the smoking ect bit its hard to start and noisier but runns ok a liitle bit flat , now i am going onto the injectors but need to check before i spend anymore £££££

any ideas please

Before you chuck any more bits at it; do a compression test.
update on kangoo,

havnt got round to the commpession test yet as i need to put it back together

the latest ive done is to check the timing belt, i have set the engine to tdc using the mark on the flywheel then using the timing tool that holds the crank (a screw in pin) and tried to put the belt on using the marks on the new belt but the marks dont line up its 2 teeth out , i wonder if the belt is the write one? maybe too many teeth ? i have checked the belt on there website (dayco) and its showing its the write one.

any ideas please
just another quick question does anyone no if the camshaft pulley is on a woodruff key or tappered ?
thanks in advance
IIRC it's got a flimsy notch on the back that locates into a keyway on the cam; they do shear and that could be your problem?

Is this one of the engines that needs the cam pulley replacing at every belt change?

Edited by Screwloose on 03/08/2008 at 01:17

IIRC it's got a flimsy notch on the back that locates into a keyway on the cam; they do shear and that could be your problem?

Is this one of the engines that needs the cam pulley replacing at every belt change?

thanks for the interest screwloose,

not to sure about the cam pulley needing changing, how do i find out ?

but ill check the pulley tommorow to see if it has sheared

cheers

I can't remember the years and oval plate numbers that need new cam pulleys; but there were major problems with the Renfault 1.9 diesels - so bad that many independents wouldn't touch a belt on them as they had been bitten too often through no fault of their own.

The dual-mass cam pulleys were supposed to stop their belt fretting problem - but caused mayhem with the, joke, locating notch.