06 2.2 CTDi Starting problems - Idlefrog
My 2.2 CTDI Accor Tourer has recently started having starting problems. The car is an 06 with about 26000 miles on the clock.

I first noticed this last Friday and the problem is intermittent. When I turn they key the engine turns over an fails to start. It sometimes takes 4 attempts before it starts. Other times it starts first go. Once started it runs fine.

I have noticed that when it doesn't start the yellow (glow plug?) light to the right of the handbrake light does not come on when you turn the key. When the light does come on the car starts.

Anyone experienced this? Any ideas what the cause is.

It may be a coincidence, but I filled the tank just before it started to happen. Could it be dodgy diesel?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/07/2008 at 22:25

06 2.2 CTDi Starting problems - Statistical outlier
Frog, when my Accord wouldn't start with similar(ish) problems then it was traced back to the EGR valve. Although mine wasn't an intermittent starting problem, once it had difficulties that was it.

Probably of no help, but it will bump up your question to where someone might see it..
06 2.2 CTDi Starting problems - helicopter
If its an 06 model then presumably its within warranty so I'd be off down my local Honda dealer for it to be fixed.

If they are anything like mine the matter will be sorted promptly and free of hassle and charge.
06 2.2 CTDi Starting problems - Statistical outlier
Helicopter, where are you in the country? Would you like to name and praise a Honda dealer, I've been left tepid by the abilities of those I've used?
06 2.2 CTDi Starting problems - Screwloose

If the glow-plug light isn't coming on when it won't start; then I'd investigate the power feeds to the engine ECU - and you're not going far with no ECU feed.