1998 1.4 KFX engine change - spondootre
Hi guys,

The engine on my 306 died. I took it to a garage whom quoted £1500 to change it.........

So, I looked around and found a peugeot breaker in norfolk, I phoned the guy who was confident from the chassis number that they had an engine the same, so i ordered it and it came today. The guy that is fitting it phoned me to say it is different, I haven't seen it yet but he says the main of it is the same and something about the ignition is different? I know from looking at it when I took it to him that it had air con on it and my car doesn't but I didn't notice anything different.

Can anyone advise me are there loads of different engines for a 1998, KFX (Chassis no) peugeot 306 1.4 petrol? Will it mean that fitting this engine I have is impossible? Sorry to be bit vague but i'm just getting prepared B4 I go to see him tomorrow and find out what is different!

Thanks, any advice is welcome

Cheers
Malc

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/07/2008 at 19:33

1998 1.4 Peugeot 306 KFX engine change - Screwloose
Malc

Right on the change-year. This may have a direct-fit coilpack and no HT leads. Might be retro-fittable with the earlier set-up.... That's might....?
1998 1.4 Peugeot 306 KFX engine change - spondootre
Thanks for the reply. I went to look at it and you are spot on, it has no HT leads. I told the guy to take the old on out and swap all of it over to the "new" one. But it is in his hands as to whether that is possible!!

Any further advice is welcomed!

Cheers
Malc