Service Intervals ? - noderb
Hi all - hope this (stupid question) makes sense ...

Just about to buy an 07 plate Ford Focus 1.6 LX and it was last serviced at 12000 miles at 6 months old. It is now 12 months since this service but only done 5000 additional miles.

Should I get it serviced straight away as it is 12 months since last service, or wait until car is 24 months old (or 24000 miles if I reach that first) ?

It has apparently had a 120-point check and fluids topped up by the dealer selling it, but not sure if it would invalidate the Manufacturers Warranty if not serviced now. Also, it's an ex-fleet car from Autoquake at £6700. Had a good look round it and done short test drive and appears in excellent condition. Just can't get this niggle out of my head that it's too good a price to be true !!!

Many thanks

Edited by noderb on 25/07/2008 at 18:23

Service Intervals ? - honeybear
Believe intervals for the petrol engines are 12000 miles or 12 months whichever comes first so it should be due service.
Service Intervals ? - DavidHM
We just paid £8,399 for a late 57-plate Focus Style (so slightly better spec) with delivery miles so I don't think £6,700 is too good to be true - although it is a good price.

Needs a service ASAP for warranty though.
Service Intervals ? - noderb
Thanks DavidHM,

Will get it serviced straight away . I'm hoping that that is one of the reasons why it is low price. I presume it was a hire car before as 12000 mile service stamp was by Ford Direct. Also had a second previous owner and it's the basic LX model. Think I am trying to convince myself all is well !

Service Intervals ? - MikeTorque
You'll need it servicing to protect your warrantee.