1989 2.6 fuel injection - hc1uk
my car still refuses to start getting a spark ok at the plugs but seem to be getting no fuel through the injectors getting good pressure to the fuel distributor then nothing from there plugs are dry after a few minutes cranking it over could it be fuel distributor problem or ECU
1989 2.6 fuel injection - elekie&a/c doctor
Unfortunately the term "good fuel pressure" is not adequate when dealing with any K or KE jetronic Bosch system.A specific minimum running pressure of approx 5 Bar is reqd before the system will fire up.A faulty Ecu will cause poor cold start and warm up control but will not stop the engine running.hth
what actually gives the pressure is it just fuel pumps or is it some other means ie electrical just trying to troubleshoot this problem without having to go to great expense until i know what the probable cause is
1989 2.6 fuel injection - elekie&a/c doctor
The fuel pump (or pumps,some have 2 connected in series)is able to deliver in excess of what is reqd.The pressure is regulated by a fuel pressure regulator attached to the side of the fuel metering head ,in the return fuel line to the tank.The beauty of these systems is that only the correct fuel pressure is reqd to make the engine run,all the periferal sensors are only fitted to enhance the driveability.Without the correct fuel pressure test kit I don't think you will get very far.hth
1989 2.6 fuel injection - Screwloose
hc

Listen to E/Doc. The metering head on a K-Jet is the finest piece of mass-produced engineering in history; given clean fuel, at exactly the right pressure, they go on working, beautifully, nearly forever.

Before doing anything else; make very sure that BOTH your electric fuel pumps are working properly. DO NOT be tempted to adjust anything; they don't go out of adjustment - great they may be; but very easy to ruin.
1989 2.6 fuel injection - Number_Cruncher
I agree with the technical points made my Elekie & Screwloose in terms of fixing the problem.

>>the finest piece of mass-produced engineering in history;

Similar, IMO, in terms of elegance to the SU carburettor, acheiving something quite complex and subtle with the bare minimum parts count.

1989 2.6 fuel injection - topbloke
spray some carb/throttle body cleaner into the throttlebody houseingwhile cranking and see if it trys to start, if so then it can only be a fuel supply problem, dont these engines have a extra injector that squirts fuel in when cold into the manifold iirc easly removed to see if its working, usuall safety precautions adhered to etc
1989 2.6 fuel injection - Number_Cruncher
One way to "test" the fuel pumps would be to temporarily by-pass the fuel pump relay, and move the air flap briefly. If there's enough pressure, you'll hear the injectors buzz. If there's not enough pressure, or if there's a problem in the metering head (unlikely) you won't.

Edited by Number_Cruncher on 25/07/2008 at 00:28

thanks for all the help guys when you switch ignition on you hear the buzz of the pumps for a second or two but with two pump system one pump might be faulty
1989 2.6 fuel injection - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Up by the battery is the "over-voltage protection relay" it has a fuse in the top of it. IIRC this provides the power to the electrical part of the KE Jet system. Make sure the fuse is intact. So long since I worked on one of these..........