Real world mpg - Dipstick
Thought it might be useful for prospective little car buyers to see some real mpg figures.

Just taken the little Aygo up to Scotland and back (about 400 miles each way). Two of us, used the back seats for luggage.

Thought it would be difficult, but in fact was excellent - didn't miss a beat, comfortable seats remained so, held its own on the A1 and motorways no problem.

Since having the car I've moderated my driving style to be slower and smoother - not taken the car over 70 yet, according to satnav.

Real mpg figures measured brim to brim(unleaded petrol, not diesel or super unleaded) thus far since new in April are:

To put that into perspective, yer actual money saved on fuel compared to doing the same mileage on my old car is £566 since April 22nd 2008. There's a good mix of serious stop start, general commuting and motorway in there, and the car has now done just over 4000 miles.

Real world mpg - Happy Blue!
Mirrors my experience in a Citroen C1 - a great car capable of a multitude of tasks and doing them economically.
Real world mpg - nick
Cars like this certainly make a lot of sense in today's world. But certainly not fun, at least for me. I wish I could look at cars just as a means of transport, but I struggle. I know I'm out of step with the way things are going. How depressing. I was born too late. :-(
Real world mpg - midlifecrisis
I had a 107 (sport don't you know) for three days as a loaner recently. Like sitting on a hairdryer. Just didn't do anything for me at all..but made 'er indoors laugh when she saw me in it.

I dared to venture onto the motorway and have just about recovered my hearing. Sorry, just couldn't even consider one for a nano second.
Real world mpg - stunorthants26
I do wish the japs would bring over some of their more interesting versions of small cars - Daihatsu every now and again relent and we got the Avanzato and the Rally Sirions, but nothing at the moment. 4WD and a turbo certainly improve a city car over its utility origins.
Real world mpg - nick
The japanese certainly make some crazy small cars, it'd be great if they sold them here too. Some look like real fun. Fun in a car is nothing to with size or power, although both of those things can be. I really enjoy driving a 1972 Opel Kadett 1.2 or a Minor van.
Real world mpg - Happy Blue!
Funny - I must be in a minority on this site who really likes the Aygo and clones.
Oh I like the Aygo etc ( although the packaging is a little poor overall spacewise ).
My Charade is similar in concept. Only thing is, aside from the peppy little engine, its not really a fun car, just crushingly efficient which does push my miser buttons but not my fun buttons.
Stick a turbo in, give it 4wd and some sharper handling and it would be alotta fun. Im sure they have in Japan too, they do that to anything.
Infact thinking about it, restyle the Copen to look just a little less like you could buy it in a handbag shop, and that is a curious proposition as it is quick enough, though im sure you could chip it for more, its CO2 is only 140 and mpg is high 40's.
I think it would sell alot more if it wasnt so darned, umm, pink power.
Real world mpg - NowWheels
Infact thinking about it restyle the Copen to look just a little less like you
could buy it in a handbag shop {snip}
I think it would sell alot more if it wasnt so darned umm pink power.

I think that's one of the good things about the Copen: there seems to be no danger of one being stolen by a heterosexual British male. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have been made in girly colours, but I suppose a respray is possible.
Real world mpg - Dyane 6 Mehari
The most fun car I've owned is a 2CV (though it's a close run thing with my Mehari). There's more to life than going as fast as possible. 70 MPG too, once the electronic ignition is in and working.

Edited by Dyane 6 Mehari on 22/07/2008 at 18:29

Real world mpg - b308
The mpg figures are roughly what I'm getting for my Fabia estate - I did look at the C1 and its clones but they were way too small, but if I wanted a cheap runaround they (and the C2) would be worth considering...
Real world mpg - Lud
70mpg from a 2CV with aftermarket electronic ignition... Chapeau, D6M, you're a real Citroen man. I doubt if I ever got better than mid-40s. I imagine the plugs lunch themselves more slowly with electronic kit too (they used to both fire on every firing stroke).

I have often thought a nice 2CV would suit me better now than 2CV variants did when I had them.
Real world mpg - boxsterboy
Chapeau indeed, D6M. I don't get anything like 70 mpg from my 'leccy ignition 2CV. But then I drive it like it was intended - and make full use of the rev range (once warm) ;-)

But I suspect I need to re-set my ignition - I always feel there's something slightly not quite right.
Real world mpg - Dyane 6 Mehari
Well I think the official consumption figure was something like 64MPG for the extra urban. That was with the (kind of) conventional ignition. Most of my driving was a motorway commute from near Brighton to Reigate, so I suspect I was being dragged as well.

My Mehari used to sip fuel too but it could only realistically get to about 50MPH before things started trying to make a bid for freedom.
Real world mpg - tomo28
very good figures your driving seems to getting better and better.

There is a real world MPG database on www.whatMPG.co.uk please help community and
post there..

Ive got an Audi A4 1.9Tdi 1999 and my real world MPG is

47-49 MPG