CLK - decided to go for it! - barney100
I have had a complete attack of madness! We were driving past an independent Merc garage and i saw a CLK 3.2convertible and before I could get a grip on sanity out came the credt card,down went a deposit, the old diesel was exchanged and I have a pretty 'ungreen'car. I am just so browned off with motoring taxes and general anti motoring councils that this is a two fingers job to the lot of them......it may skint me but I drive round with a smile on my face. wll post after a while to let anyone interested know how the car and me get on.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/07/2008 at 11:16

decided o go for it! - Westpig
hope you enjoy it, why not
decided o go for it! - Zub
Damn right , you only live once!
decided o go for it! - DP
Fair play to you, sir, and why not?

Enjoy it!
decided o go for it! - boxsterboy
Yes, why not spend some of your children's inheritance! You are the one who earned it.

We've got a CLK240 Cab, and it is a lovely wafting car that makes you feel good when you're behind the wheel, although in no way is it a sports car - suits Mrs BB just fine!
decided o go for it! - Westpig
mate's 3.2 goes very well indeed, certainly quick enough not to need the bigger one, although the V8 does sound nice
decided o go for it! - Blue {P}
Conratulations!

I finally got to play with my dad CLK 270CDi the other day, what a lovely wafting power delivery, precise (by my car's standards!) steering, cossetting cabin, goregous looks. I would quite like to get my hands on it one day but unfortunately my dad is so in love with it that he doesn't envisage selling. :-(

Do let us know how you get on!

decided o go for it! - gordonbennet
Good for you Barney, i assume thats the V6 3.2. Which gearbox may one ask too.
Don't suppose there's a supercharger lurking nicely atop that neat lump?

Will you post a review of the car for us in due course please.

decided o go for it! - barney100
The gearbox is a five speed auto and I don't know if there is a kompressor but those withthem seem to be badged so.
CLK - decided to go for it! - Avant
Barney - if it's not a rude question what year is the CLK and what did it cost?

Great idea - I am similarly toying with the idea of a convertible and keep coming back to the MX-5 - as there is a streak of sanity somewhere inside me. But a CLK is terribly tempting....
CLK - decided to go for it! - boxsterboy
No,the 320 does not have a 'kompressor' as MB call superchargers.