00 1.9D Engine same as Kangoo? Gasket price? - polecat10
Hi,
anybody know if a renault 19 engine is the same as the one in a 1.9D 2000 Kangoo as my neighbour suggested?
(I am searching the 'net for info about my overheating kangoo)
Also- any ideas how much it would cost to have the gasket replaced at an independant garage?
Many thanks,
Mike.
00 1.9D Engine same as Kangoo? Gasket price? - thomp1983
none of the kangoo 1.9d engine codes for that year (3 of them) match any of the r19 codes in autodata not a suprise really as the r19 stopped in 1996 so there definately different. as for if you could replace the kangoo one with a r19 lump then a renault owners forum would probably be best to try.

i assume the gasket in question would be the headgasket? if so your probably looking at £500 as it's 6 hours booktime plus the parts, whilst there you should really have the cambelt and waterpump done.

having said all that though a proper description of the problem would be the best place to start. when does it overheat? is it using coolant? is there coolant in the oil or vice versa? ti could be something as simple as a stuck thermostat or failed waterpump, as screwloose likes to promote anything without hard facts/information is just guesswork and speculation.

chris

sorry polecat have just seen your other thread further down the page, have added my comments there.

Edited by thomp1983 on 06/07/2008 at 17:47

00 1.9D Engine same as Kangoo? Gasket price? - polecat10
Thanks again thomp.
Yes- it is the head gasket. Any idea how much a new timing belt and water pump would add to the cost when changing the head gasket? I planned to get a timing belt anyway (whenI'd saved up)as it is on 100k and I think there is a good chance it has never had one(last owner had it 18months and didn't get it done, and it had 7 owners before him- I know that is a lot but it looks in decent condition considering and was relatively cheapish)
Cheers,
Mike.