Does 2006 Honda Accord suffer from tramlining? - chipper
I'm thinking of getting another Honda Accord to replace my 8 year old one soon. I like the look of the out-going Accord, especially with 17" alloys, however, I have heard that this setup can cause tramlining problems. I read somewhere that the 2006 model overcame these problems with a different suspension setup - does anyone know whether this could be/is true?
Am I better off with the 16" wheels?
Does 2006 Honda Accord suffer from tramlining? - Pica
My 2004 tramlined with the Yoko tyres fitted at the factory. When I changed them for Michelin Pilots which resulted in no tranling whatsoever.
Does 2006 Honda Accord suffer from tramlining? - Statistical outlier
My 2005 Accord also tramlined with the Yoko tyres fitted as standard. Cured with Pirelli Powergy P6000s. I had a 2006 model for two weeks and noticed no real difference in handling compared to mine. I think the Yokos are set up with soft compound and very stiff sidewalls - recipe for tramlining and probably not what the majority want (although great on b-roads).
Does 2006 Honda Accord suffer from tramlining? - chipper
Thanks for the responses. It looks like the car I might be going for has 16" alloys anyway, which I don't think look as good. I can't decide whether to push the dealer to throw in some reasonably priced 17" ones. How do you find road noise in the accord? I have a 2000 model (hatchback) at the moment and find that it can be quite noisey.

Does 2006 Honda Accord suffer from tramlining? - Statistical outlier
Not outstanding, but not noisy either (in the estate). I have a pair of cheapo tyres on the back (bought under duress when I had a blowout) and they thrum very annoyingly, but decent quality tyres are fine. The car is generally an outstanding long distance vehicle.