Motorsport on TV - advice needed - Richard Hall
Hopefully in a couple of weeks I should be in my new house. I noticed that it has a satellite dish on the side, although no decoder box - presumably I can pick up one of these cheaply enough. Question is, which satellite channel package should I go for if I want to see lots of motorsport and car related stuff? I had cable TV a few years ago and that gave me bikes, drag racing, NASCAR and tractor pulling (much more entertaining than it sounds), but I can't remember which channel. Any suggestions welcome.

Richard Hall
bangernomics.tripod.com
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - Dynamic Dave
Hopefully in a couple of weeks I should be in my
new house. I noticed that it has a satellite dish
on the side, although no decoder box - presumably I can
pick up one of these cheaply enough.

Depends if it's the small dish for Sky Digital, or the larger dish for Sky Analogue - the latter has closed AFAIA.
Question is, which satellite channel package should I go
for if I want to see lots of motorsport and car related
stuff?

Prob best to browse www.sky.com and see the packages they offer.
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - CM
Apart from the ususal Sky Sport 1,2,3 and Extra there is Motors TV (digital channel 416).

Having once been a bit critical of this free, low budget French channel, I have found myself watching this quite often. They cover a wide range of things and half of it is rubbish (like steam trains, model airplanes...) However they do have some good stuff and everything is dubbed into English by some annoying geaser.

IoM TT, Nascar, Ascar, ALMS, Formula 3, Japanese Formula ??, UK rally championship, DTM, Australian Touring Cars, Australian V8 Ute racing, etc... to name a few.

try www.motorstv.com/index3.php3?resol=800x600&referre...= although I can't get much joy in what they are showing!
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - Armitage Shanks{P}
I have just checked on my SKY box and British Eurosport is free to air and has comprehenive motor cycle coverage. In particular GP weekends are covered in full and live, including the practice sessions. There is plenty of Super Bike stuff and TT reviews during the races in June.
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - Armitage Shanks{P}
My apologies for duff gen! British Eurosport DOES have excellent motor cycle coverage but it is NOT free! It will probably be in one of the basic and thus fairly cheap Sky packages though. Get it switched on for this weekend at Donington!
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - Tomo
We'll have to pull the plug on all this...........
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - smokie
Eurosport is probably the station you recall. They have a wide range of motor based sports, including tractor pulling. And as someone says, it's free to air (and included in my basic cable package). You just need to read the schedules carefully as some of it is on at pretty unsocial times.
Motorsport on TV - advice needed - <0.One%
You are likely to get excellent replies to this type of question at:

forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/index.php

www.net4nowt.com/forum/index.htm

www.nthellworld.com/