Aircon problem - Lawley Lounger
The aircon on my Beamer is doing some strange things. On Auto the aircon kicks in for a few minutes and then after a few miles it will switch off then back on again and then off again etc as if it does not know what to do. It also seems to know only two settings on both auto and manual either off or full on and nothing in between.

Any ideas?

Aircon problem - st1
I have a E36 3-series and similar things happened after a minor accident. The force was enough to break a relay in the ventilation / aircon system. When this happens, the management system should revert to the default setting which is full on (although mine also switched on and off intermittently)

I spoke to a BMW dealership and they were familiar with this problem. New relay retailed at about £25 - £30 if memory serves, although it was supplied for free eventhough I was out of warranty (and the insurance company refused to accept it was due to the accident!)
Aircon problem - budu
Try contacting the Institute of Vehicle Air Conditioning on www.instvac.co.uk.
Aircon problem - Dave N
Sounds like the climate panel to me. BMW are well used to replacing them, and only they can do it as it needs coding in to the ecu.