Granada Scorpio - Graeme
Hi HJ, The cleaning out of the throttle body has solved the surging problem and she is running better than ever. I am amazed that the main dealer did not know to do this.
New prob. With the ignition on the window washers deliver a powerful jet of water. When the engine is running the water pressure only just about manages to hit the screen. At 70mph it is a waste of time.
Any ideas why it should work with the engine off and not when it is on?
Graeme
Re: Granada Scorpio - honest john
Can't figure this one. Will see if my Mondeo is the same, because it only dribbles when the engine is on. I know the reason in my case. The reservoir filter is blocked with slim, but it's such a bastard to get at on my model Mondeo I won't bother until I absolutely have to.

HJ
Re: Granada Scorpio - Andrew Bairsto
Is it possible the washers are pressurised with engine vacuum on the Granada and you have a slight leak which will get worse the more the engines revs under load.
Re: Granada Scorpio - John Slaughter
Graeme

Wierd! Low volts on the pump = low pump speed = poor flow. Check the volts on the pump under the two conditions. Sould be 14+ volts with the engine running, so the pump should be a bit faster than in the 'ignition on' state. If the volts are high, check if the pump is running faster - if it is then the little rotor is slipping on the shaft - buy a new pump.

If it's slower, then check the contacts in the circuit, and see if something else fed by the same fuse drawing a high current only when the engine's running. A combination of high current draw by another component, and poor contacts may be the problem.

Another thought - it isn't that it's fine with the ignition on and the bonnet open - but a hose is trapped with the bonnet closed?????

Regards

john