99 1.4 - 'STOP' warning light has appeared - monsieur_josh
Hi team,

Had a bit of a scare this weekend when the red warning light over the temperature gauge and the 'STOP' signal on the dashboard started flashing at me. The thermometer shows nothing out of the ordinary - 90 degrees or so - but I've topped up the oil and the coolant (ie water). It seemed to help for a while but then the same thing started happening again, but intermittently. Turning on the ventilators seems to help (bizarrely) and I wonder if it's a short circuit somewhere in the engine management system?

One other thing - the seatbelt sign is constantly on. Not a big problem but a bit irritating.

Any clues? The car's driving fine other than those things.

Cheers,
Josh

{No need to repeat what you've already selected from the drop down menus as this automatically gets included within the subject header}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/06/2008 at 19:44

99 1.4 - 'STOP' warning light has appeared - elekie&a/c doctor
Does the car have a/con and does it work?I think you will find the the w/light for a seatbelt is actually an airbag malfunction .hth
99 1.4 - 'STOP' warning light has appeared - monsieur_josh
There's no a/con in the car. That's an interesting thought about the seatbelt thing. Could that mean the airbags might not work?
Thanks,
Josh
99 1.4 - 'STOP' warning light has appeared - Dynamic Dave
Could that mean the airbags might not work?

Correct. Usual problem with this and other French cars is the electrical connector underneath the seats for the seat belt pre-tensioners. See the latter part of the following thread for more info.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=60003

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/06/2008 at 21:17