2002 2.0tdci lack of power - tris
I have a 52 2.0 tdci with 130k full service history Ive had a few problems with glow plug flashing about a year ago but went to ford and they recalibrated the injectors.

The new problem is lack of power it pulls really well from 1000rpm but will stop pulling hard at 2000rpm there is no black smoke , it just accelerates really slowly after 2000rpm
Hope some of you tech guys could help ( been told it could be air flow meter or cam sensor) any help would be great. Need to fix it as I am selling the car.

Tristan

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/06/2008 at 01:24

2002 2.0tdci lack of power - MikeTorque
2000 rpm is around the time the turbo should be kicking in big time. Do you get any adnormal noises as the revs increase ?

Quickest route may be a trip to garage with diagnostics equipment as this type of problem should throw something up quickly and then you can make a judgement on how to proceed.
2002 2.0tdci lack of power - tris
there are no noises or vibration just a lack of power I simply change up a gear to use the low down torque
When I first bought the car 3 years ago it was like a rocket ship , it will on ocasion drive as norm with full power available but very rairly.
2002 2.0tdci lack of power - motamoa
Had the same problem, hesitation between 1800 and 2000 revs and low power - turned out to be the air hose between the battery and the engine. Fixed it with tape and now flying again. I was quoted 30 quid for a new hose...
2002 2.0tdci lack of power - spikeyhead {p}
I've just changed the hose that goes onto the inlet manifold on my 150k mile car. Its completely transformed the performance. The replacement came from teh scrap bin in my mates garage, longer length of same diameter hose that had a split in one end. Sawed that bit of and it does the job as well as a Ford £30 part.