02 1.9dti starting problem - davy
My sister owns a megan scenic, and about 5 months ago it was hard to start when cold so glow plugs were tested and 3 out of four were faulty. A new set were fitted and the car was fine for a month, then it started to mis behave and was hard to start when it was cold or sat for about 6 hours, the glow plugs tested fine, the relay and power supply was fine. The car turns over as if there is no fuel and then it fires on one cylinder and then 2 until it eventually starts, i have taken out the fuel filter and it made no difference, i checked the fuel lines for air bubbles and there is none pressent.Once the car starts after churning it if u switch it off and start it again it fires into life right away no problem.the car starts fine when it is warm or after it has been started for the first time.
It has all the evidence of fuel running back but i can find no leaks, is it possible for the fly by wire pump to be leaking internal or drawing air through the seal on the input shaft, or could the starter be drawing too much current when the engine is cold so that the electronic pump cant supply enough fuel.
If anyone can give me any suggestions or have had similer faults ur help would be much appreciated
ps car has been on the computer and no faults were logged , also the egr valve has been checked

many thanks
davy
02 1.9dti starting problem - organicpete
My renault laguna dti 1999 is getting more difficult to start. I turn the key 3 times to warm up the plugs then turn key all the way and it starts but isn't happy. Plugs are new and Fuel and Air filter changed plus temperature sensor all changed by my regular mechanic.
The sensor was changed as the water temp read high permanently although temp ok.
water temp still reads high after new sensor and serv light comes on with orange wavy line. Consistent with bad starting is 'kangarooing' at all speeds which my mechanic thinks is a computer problem. As no one is able to repair locally I am thinking of trading it in although before the problem it was a super car.
Can anyone tell me if a mobile mechanic might help. I am 20 miles from a Renault dealer.
regards
pete
Renault Scenic 1.9dti starting problem - Mads
Hi! I have a Renault secnic 1.9 dti from 1999. My car has the same problems. Difficult to start, engine runs very uneven, so the gearleaver is "dancing" a lot. Power is also down. Feels more like 70 bhp than 105!!! If you or anyone know why the car is behaving like this, please let me know.

regards
Mads (Danish guy, living in Norway, driving a French Car!)
01 Scenic 1.9Dci Non Start no glow plug light. - mr fix
Had issue non starting (would turn over) the glow plug light would not come on now and then,got to the stage when it took 3/4 attempted start before it would. If the glow plug light came on it would start, would not if no glow plug light all glow plugs ok.
Fault was due black relay in engine fuse/relay box by battery. From the top small black tower relays 4 in total. 2nd from top at fault.
Clean Terminals 1st, test for + live 12 v battery + igntion feed on small terminal.
Change relay (new £15.00 from renault) goto scrap yard look at any renault diesel check part number and thats it.
Mr fix 09-12-2009 scenic 107 k.
01 Scenic 1.9Dci Suspension Knock front - mr fix
Knock from front over small holes/bumps.
Anti roll bar bushes on subframe "D" bush design.
Easy Job, use Mole gripps to tighten bracket up then place bolt in hole to tighten up.
Easy.
Mr Fix.
01 Scenic 1.9Dci Non Start no glow plug light. - Tecnik

Hi there,
Just wanted to say thanks for this post. My 1.9Dci had been having starting problems. Read 'Mr Fix's' post and replaced the relay, it worked a treat. Changing the relay solved the starting problems, now the glow plug light comes on 1st time and the engines starts 1st try.

Thanks again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your goal in 2011 is to increase your income or free time, review info at:- www.freedom4u.co.uk

Edited by Tecnik on 02/01/2011 at 22:43

01 Scenic 1.9Dci Non Start no glow plug light. - mrsthelens

ive had a diagnostics on my car and its come back with, glow plug relay/ circuit, any idea where the glow plug relay is on a 2003 scenic, gonna take the cheapest option before i have to get someone wade through the wires to find the fault