Changed my car again! - I'm a Pane
Some of you may have seen/contributed to my previous threads regarding Ford Focus and petrol v diesel. Having had a focus tdci since March, I've (somewhat on a whim) sold it and put half the value back into the bank - much to my overdrafts (and wifes) approval! The latest addition is petrol again-but given the horrendous price difference my way in the last month I don't think its really relevent. The car is the 53 plate Mazda 323 2.0 sport, 25k miles, full MSH and I love it! Whilst the focus always seemed like just a car, this seems to have some character and brings a smile to my face!
For anyone unfamiliar to the model, it seems to have pretty much every piece of kit (apart from sat nav) fitted known to man-I especially like having an electric sunroof AND climate control so have the option of how to ventilate myself!!
Bit pointless I know now I've bought it, but has anyone else any experience of this model?
Changed my car again! - LinuxGeek
I'm on my second Mazda 323. The first one was a 1.5 petrol model and now I've got a 2.0 TD. I love it! Its wicked to drive and pulls really well. Its way better than my previous car Volvo S40 TD. It has served me well so far without a hitch and I hope it'll keep on doing so. :)
Changed my car again! - Galad
Like Mazman, I've a 2.0TD bought new in 2002 and it's not missed a beat in 90k miles. Everything still works like new and doors shut with a thunk. Only disappointment is the rust breaking out on both rear wheelarches (inside and out). Cam belt is changed at 54k and dealer charged me £600, including a major service.

Not a comfortable car with hard suspension and seats that mean you sit lower to the ground. Am mystified at how complicated it is to change a rear light bulb - I haven't had to yet but it seems that the cluster unit has to be removed in its entirety and I can't find a socket set that fits the bill.
Changed my car again! - Nonny
My wife has a Mazda 323 GSi 1600cc. Bought it from new.It was being sold £2000 below list price as they were bringing out the Mazda 3. When I took it out for a test run I thought WOW. It stuck like you know what around bends, no roll. We had a 1600 Golf before. She mostly drives it, with just 26k on the clock after nearly 5 years. Only slight problem is the front discs are a bit pitted. We are told that it could be due to lack of use and needs some hard braking. Even the 1600cc seems to have a lot of oomph. Great car.
Changed my car again! - apm
We had one of these under-rated cars for a few months earlier this year (1.8SE on a 2001 Y), and loved it. reasonably fast with sure handling, and a willing engine. Lots of good kit & a real feeling of solidity. Good value if you can find a nice one.

We'd have it now, except that the wife wrote it off by rear-ending a micra. We bought an avensis instead, as with apm junior #1 on the way we felt more space might be useful!

HTH,

Alex.