Broke down - Claybuster
New Tiguan, 2 months old, 2000 mls, had a run to Manchester yesterday to see the daughter at University. Went down to my usual supermarket and topped up with diesel, on the way out in second gear does not seem to have any power,pull in, switch off, switch back on and glow plug light flashing plus message to get in touch with dealer. Check lights again, engine light also lit saying exhaust fault. Ring VW assist, they say approx 90 mins, ring local dealer approx 2 miles away, after discussion says drive to him. Short story, hook up to computer, cannot determine fault, thinks it might be turbo or injectors !!! require car for longer to investigate, loan car provided.

1. Fright time initially, thought I had put wrong fuel in, check pump, check receipt, definately diesel
2. Dealer needs more time to investigate, no history known of similar faults
3. Dealer good with loan car (especially as I didn't buy car from them)
4. Bit worrying about reliability at so short a time.
Broke down - Screwloose

I'd be more worried about the competence of the dealer. The MIL is on and they can't find the fault?

"Might be the turbo" - how much boost do you need to drive away from a pump?

Awful coincidence so soon after fuelling - tanker drivers have been known to mis-fuel storage tanks.....
Broke down - Claybuster
Thanks "screwloose" I must admit that I was a bit concerned about how soon after filling up I hit a problem but I had about half a tank when I filled up and I only went about a couple of hundred yards before switching off so it might just be coincidence. I'm like you though I hope they can bottom the problem. The print out they have given me says

05522 P1592 000

Height sensor/pressure sensor

Implausible relation
Broke down - Pendlebury
I'm suprised that your suprised a new VW broke down and the delaer doesn't know what to do.
Par for the course isn't it ??
Broke down - Screwloose

That code is interesting - although not terribly relevant.

"Barometric pressure sensor/thrust sensor - implausible relationship."

Could be the boost pressure sensor doesn't agree with the BARO sensor at key-on. With, obviously, no pressure in the ducting prior to engine start, they should match at ambient atmospheric pressure then.

Worth changing the boost [MAP/thrust] sensor anyway; but I can't match that code to your fault. Could be a previously store abberrant code. Get them to check the fuel.

Have you rung the filling station?
Broke down - Claybuster
Mentioned the problem to the supermarket filling station, as always they say no problems as far as they are aware, luckily have still got the receipt with pump number and time and date and hopefully I will also be on CCTV. I'll just have to wait and see what the garage comes up with.
Thanks "screwloose" I'll keep you posted
Broke down - colinh
Are there general problems with the Tiguan? It was reported last week that German buyers of the Volkswagen Tiguan will get a free VW Golf until their vehicles are delivered in January!

Put down to "production backlog" - 7 months+

Sounds like a bit of spin by VW.
Broke down - Bill Payer
Sounds like a bit of spin by VW.

They would be keen to hang on to buyers - SUV's are hugely profitable for manufacturers as they cost little more than cars to build, but sell for much higher prices.
Broke down - stunorthants26
As I understand it from the VW fans here, VW's are reliable, so maybe its just a bad dream eh :-) they sure sound reliable!
Broke down - Claybuster
Car back after 2 days from local VW garage, fault was "charge air pressure sensor" whatever that is! You were not that far out "screwloose" thanks. At least it stopped me flapping about dodgy diesel.
No paperwork from garage which was a bit of a surprise "customer to monitor" which is fair enough and they took it on a 20 mile "test drive" to check that the fault did not reappear. Lets hope I've seen the last of it. Didn't have these problems on my last two CRV's.
Broke down - Screwloose
Claybuster

The charge air pressure sensor is just, yet, another way of describing the MAP/boost/thrust sensor that monitors the air pressure in the intake tract.

They seem very confident of their diagnosis? Personally; I'd be surprised if that code has the weight to initiate a default to limp-home mode and cut the power - there are plenty of other codes for incorrect boost pressure available.

However; software parameters are a movable feast - so, hopefully, that's all it was....