value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - adverse camber
Hi

Need to sell our 1998(R) Audi A4 Avant 1.9Tdi(110) Quattro SE with 145K. The online glasses guide (via the vauxhall site) wont admit to a 1.9Tdi quattro before 2002. :-(

I'm trying to decide between putting it on ebay or breaking it. I suspect breaking is better, but I'd like a feel for the rated value. Its slightly tatty (rust starting on the wheel arches) so a below standard value is probably what I want.

thanks

AC

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/06/2008 at 19:49

value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - Andy P
Parker's guide (with 100k so adjust accordingly)

Original Price £25,289
Independent Dealer £3,475
Private Good £3,110
Private Poor £2,295
Part Exchange £2,645
value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - pd
CAP says between 1125 & 1925.
value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - oldnotbold
If you just want to sell, then use SureSell. If you are feeling a bit more brave, then write it up clearly, with at least a dozen, well-lit, properly composed pics, showing all the good and bad bits, and put it on Ebay. My guess is that it will make £1600. I saw an early petrol A4 Avant Quattro make 1100 on Ebay - your's being diesel will get the buyers in.
value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - pd
Even with the price difference with petrol, cheap diesels which do big mpg are in big, big demand at the moment.

It would probably be worth more as a non-Quattro but if it is in reasonable nick bung it on ebay as suggested. You'll probably get a lot of interest.

I'd only use an auction house if you just want shot in a hurry or you know something is wrong with it. I don't know what the SureSell charges are but if they're anything like the usual BCA private seller or buyer fees they'll be high and it is unlikely to be knocked down for as much as you'd get clear with lower fees on ebay.

Dealers only normally value SureSell cars along the lines of any PX auction as they assume (correctly) that many are there for the simple reason is that they have a major fault.
value please? Online Glasses says car doesnt exist - adverse camber
Thanks very much.

tbh I'd be happy to take £1K for it, so I'll try ebay and a couple of audi forums.