2002 1.9 electric windows - richbev
the wfront windows on my laguna make the noise of the motor going up and down all be it a little rough sounding but the windows dont move. What could the problem be???
2002 1.9 electric windows - elekie&a/c doctor
The electric windows on these use a wire and pulley system.Very common for the wire cables to corrode and snap.hth
2002 1.9 electric windows - Simon
Common problem and quite expensive to fix.
2002 1.9 electric windows - Crazy Frog
The problem 99%of the time is a damaged or broken cable on the window regulator.
Renault dealers charge £220 + fitting for a new regulator but the cables can be replaced for less than £20 from an ebay shop ( e-crofting ). The kit comes with full instructions on how to replace the cables. Beware though, I'ts a difficult task. The regulator itself is easy to get out of the door but you need six hands for the rebuild.
Good Luck.
I myself have one of these e-crofting kits sitting in front of me to repair a Laguna II window. When I originally looked at the problem I found that the cable was frayed and was jamming up around the motor hence why the window wouldn't work. As you are probably aware to fix it with this kit you need to measure all of the old cables, make new ones and attach them to the mechanism.

But I have a problem. Since I looked at the job someone else has been fiddling with it too. Now this can only be the local Renault dealer as this is the only place the car has been away from the owner and that was only for a service. What I have found when I took off the door trim to do the repair is that this mystery person has cut through two of the cables (both the outer sheath and the cable itself) and wedged the window up with a piece of wood. So I am left with knackered outer sheathing which I needed to reuse, two inner cables cut in half that I don't know which is which and part of one inner cable that is missing completely. Thus now I can't measure the old ones to recreate any new ones.

So I doubt anyone on here knows the correct cable measurements and without stripping another one down, I am in the mire with it.
2002 1.9 electric windows - White_wolf
hello, I'm new on here and afraid to say I have the same problem now, ironically both windows dont work, I had a look at it today (removed motor and snapped cable) and found my problem... I have some stainless cable and end stops, my question is does anybody have the guide that e-crofting sends? My idea is to remove the whole door runner frame from the can and cable it up out of the car is possible then refit it into the car.

At the moment I've left it with wood holding it up, I think some WD40 or weather proof / water proof is going to be in order!
I have the guide from e-crofting for the Laguna II. I'll do you a deal, I will email you the guide that you need to repair the cabling in return for you measuring the lengths of the three cables and letting me know exactly how long they each need to be.

What is your email address - you may wish to get a moderator to forward it on to me to save spam emails etc.
ok I'll have a look but it'll be at the weekend. You say there are 3 cables? One from the motor to the end of the door (where the door lock plunger is), I'm guessing one from there straigh down (behind the window runner) then possibly diagonally across the door to the top of the window (closes to door to hindge) and the third one from then down the window runner thru a black cover thing and back to the motor.

I'll see what I can, I need to replace mine anyway so will measure it when I can for the last final wire.

Als odepending on the instructions if I can remove the whole window runners I can easure it all in one go adn let you know.

Mick
Yes there are three cables, here is a link to a picture of them. The arrows (green, blue & yellow) pretty much shows how and where the three cables run.

i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/mattemulsion/LagunaW...g
Renault Laguna 2002 2.0 ltr 16 Val - Ozzy

Hi Simon,

First of all nice picture of windows essembly, it solved my lot of problem. I was wondering if you have the Renualt repair electronic book in any format. I have major problem with A/C, the compressor is busted. Where I am, there is no body to help me with this car, so I decided to do it myself. I am desperate to have this work shop repair manual, Can you help me please.????

2002 1.9 electric windows. Please Help! - 1969_Andy

I've just bought a regulator repair kit (comes with various plastic guides and a replacement spool) however, it didn't come with any instructions. I've managed to recreate the wiring pattern from the remains in the assembly however, as one wire had snapped and all the wire was bunched up on the spool attached to the motor, I want to confirm that the mechanism is set up properly. Can anyone help by emailing me a set of instructions? Hopeful thanks in advance!

2002 1.9 electric windows. Please Help! - 1969_Andy

Handy Link to assist with the rebuild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q48wh-5RMeU

2002 1.9 electric windows - Terrydwyer
SNIP - Advert removed.

If you wish to advertise on this site then please click on the following link

www.honestjohn.co.uk/advertise/ads.htm

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/11/2008 at 19:00

2002 1.9 electric windows - johnympl
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/mattemulsion/LagunaW...g

I've got this mechanism in my car so there is lenght of my wires.

C yellow 118cm
B blue 122 cm
A green 206cm ?
I,m not sure about A because this wire is broken and unfortunately one of the part of the machanism (big roll with wire on it) is broken too so I,m going to buy new mechanism together with motor.
I guess that they are tip to tip measurements. Thanks for your info.
2002 1.9 electric windows - crehennan
I bought the kit from Ecrofting.Providing you follow the very good and detailed instructions rhe repair is very straightforward.
2002 1.9 electric windows - asimps
i brought the same kit from ebay but seem to have loads of slack on the 'green' cable even though it's only measured at 170 cm have i made a boo boo some where ? ?
2002 1.9 electric windows - Lorna
Hello One and All,
Ok, so you seem to know what you are talking about, I have the same problem, so will go ahead and make the purchase, Im not paying a dealer to do this @ that price... Does anyone live in Scotland, and fancy a wee job of repeating, what they have already done?
hi, been a little while,

first of all I need to appologise to the person who helped me, I said I would put up pics and a hot to once fixing my fiances dads car, well I neve got around to it, he went to the scrappy and bought two second hand one,s vcg and greased them all up for protection so I do appologise for that.

Mick