01 2.0 Anything I should know ? - JonR
Hi Guys,
I have just bought a Rover 45 2.0 24V V6 automatic, it has a good service history and the cam belt was changed a few thousand miles ago and all seems to be in good working order. I was wondering if there is any known faults that I should keep an eye out for or any other suggestions from experience.
Cheers
JonR

Edited by Pugugly on 28/05/2008 at 21:35

01 2.0 Anything I should Know - RichardW
It's presumably a 75 not a 45? The KV6 is not exactly known as a paragon of reliabilty.....
01 2.0 Anything I should Know - bbroomlea{P}
The KV6 is actually very reliable and doesnt suffer the headgasket issues of its little brother the K4. Some people get mixed up with the early KV6's fitted to the Rover 800 that was a testbed and handbuilt. There were liner issues with these that ate into the heads and caused no end of problems. Luckily by 1999 and for the launch of the 75 and 45 auto this problem was designed out of the automated process and failures are exceptionally rare.

It can very rarely suffer VIS valves breaking up, however they will give you plenty of warning by a rythematic ticking on idle - they can be replaced for about £400 if they do go. Also, cambelts are every 90K or 6 years and its an expensive job as there are 3 of them and it requires special tooling that a lot of garages dont have. If they have been done, check all three have!!

Hope that helps

01 2.0 Anything I should Know - JonR
Well thats a bit more encouraging that the prevoius note, so thanks for that.... and it is a 45 (not 75)
01 2.0 Anything I should Know - RichardW
I stand corrected... :-)
01 2.0 Anything I should Know - JonR
:-)

All input welcome