1996 1.5 Diesel leak - killie
Hi
Just bought a Corsa 1.5 TD today
Car runs well 1996 43000 Miles took it for a Good test drive
no Problems their. brought it home decided as it was near the Red mark on the Gauge might as well fill it up. Due to the Price of Diesel and the thought that it might go up again..
I thought Fill it to the Brim. Great drove it home parked up went for a Cuppa.
Came back about 30 mins later and noticed a Pool of fluid under the offside rear,
Diesel. Black Gold. might be at the price I paid for it.
So jacked it up had a look seems to be coming from on Top of the Tank where the Fuel pipes come from. problem is I cant see much with Tank being to close to the floor of the Car.
Will try and have a better look tomorrow.
But was wondering if anyone had come across this on a Corsa of this age before.
Thanks
for any help
Ian.H
1996 1.5 Diesel leak - Dynamic Dave
Try lifting up the rear offside seat. Not sure if applies to Corsa's of this era, but on Astras/Vectras and the like the fuel pump is accessed through a removable plastic cover which is beneath a cut out shape in the carpet. You might be lucky see whether the leak is coming from the pipes to the pump.
Hi
Thanks for the Info
Will have a look under the Seat today
Ian.H
..UPDATE..
Had another crack at it Today
did not get around to taking the Seat out and seeing if I could find the Inspection hole
for the Fuel Filter Pipes etc.
I Syphoned around a Gallon of Diesel out.
and that appears to have stopped the leak.
Was in Halfords earlier had a Look at the Haynes manual seems one of the Pipes I was looking at was a Vent Pipe, so I'm wondering if being a really Hot day yesterday. Car when i bought it was on the red I brimm it to the top could this have caused the Pipe to push diesel out ?