What's your favourite feature of your car? - Alby Back
Some of the least obvious things can attract someone to a car. For example, I can remember having a Volvo where the heater could be at a different temperature for the passenger. That was good. Other cars have had good economy or handled well or depreciated more slowly. All of those things were good too. Some have proven more reliable or had comfortable seats or better loadspace. Very pleasing. Some were paid for by employers....excellent!

Overall, though, when it comes down to it, my favourite thing in a car is a sunroof. Whether or not you have the benefit of aircon or climate control or whatever it may be called this year by the marketing department, a sunroof is just such a pleasure. I have had full convertibles, which can be very nice, but can also cause other compromises in terms of loadspace or security. Sunroofs are the thing which transforms the most mundane of cars into a joyous thing to drive. Ultimately far more suited to the British climate than any other form of toplessness by virtue of being a source of light even when closed and on the dullest of days. Sunroofs give you a private little window to the sky which I really believe contributes to a feeling of well being. They can be opened or closed at any time depending on your instant circunstances and at moderate speeds they cause little or no intrusion.

Therefore, my vote for the thing I like most about my car is the sunroof. What is your favourite feature on your car?
What's your favourite feature of your car? - DP
Volvo S60: I'd struggle to choose between the seats that put most home armchairs to shame for comfort, and the lovely, mellow, tuneful 5 cylinder engine note which makes the car feel a bit special.

Renault Grand Scenic: Easy one - the hands free Renault card. A brilliant idea that works superbly, and makes poking a key in a slot to start the car or pressing a button to unlock it seem so last century. ;-) Also a great engine (1.9 dCi), but for different reasons to the Volvo.

Cheers
DP

Edited by DP on 21/05/2008 at 14:41

What's your favourite feature of your car? - Snakey
Renault Grand Scenic: Easy one - the hands free Renault card. A brilliant idea that
works superbly and makes poking a key in a slot to start the car or
pressing a button to unlock it seem so last century. ;-) Also a great engine
(1.9 dCi) but for different reasons to the Volvo.

Interesting point about the Renault card. My Megane had the card but not the hands free version and I found myself missing a normal key! Had I had the hands free I might have though differently (although its a big old lump of plastic to carry in your pocket!)

Favourite thing on my Vectra - the adjustability of the seat, up, down,backwards,tilt,lumbar - any position you like!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - EoinM
without a doubt it has to be my multi-function steering wheel. its not just the easy of use its the safety aspect that impresses me most. the split second spent looking for the correct button could save your life. Also climate control set to auto works a treat too (but my aircon needs regassing so it aint working at the mo...)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - DP
(although its a big old lump of plastic to
carry in your pocket!)

It's (just) small enough to tuck away in your wallet if you never have to remove it.

I had a company Megane with the non-hands free version, and like you found it was a pain. Too big to stick in your pocket, but it had to be kept handy. The hands free option makes all the difference.

Cheers
DP

What's your favourite feature of your car? - oilrag
I like the wind up windows and manual door locks. Also the sound of the diesel engine and the galvanising. I took the under bonnet soundproofing off so I can better hear the injection pattern change, the RAT TAT TAT of big single injections when cold at low revs.

Also that the EOBD system is compatible with a cheap Gendan code reader I just bought and that the MAF is right at the top front of the engine bay.
I like the cam chain and hydraulic tappets, also the oil filter placement and access to the headlight bulbs.
Also the `Van-ness`which means most commercial vehicles let it out of junctions, other small white vans often making a special (reciprocated) effort to do so by stopping other traffic.

Regards

What's your favourite feature of your car? - Ed V
The turning circle of my Triump Herald, and its soft top.

The economy of my Saab 9 3 2.2 TiD

The size and cruisability of my Volvo 960 Estate

The suspension of my Citroen BX and its "no touch required" foot brake.

The accleration of my XR3

The all round capability and smoothness of my current [for 2 more weeks] of my Subaru Outback

I shall have to tread very warily with this one but I do also admit to having a thing about leather. In its most innocent form of course!

I just much prefer the feel of a leather steering wheel or gear shift knob and in preference, would always choose leather seats. I don't think that's too weird is it?!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - b308
Small car on the outside - easy to park, etc - lots of space inside! (Fabia estate)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Lud
I don't think that's too weird is
it?!

No. Almost all cars had leather seats when I were a nipper and it ages much more gracefully than leather-like plastic or the sort of plush or velour we get in run-of-the-mill cars today.

Some people these days disapprove of it though on animal liberation grounds, just as bad as fur coats to some people. My youngest daughter went through a hyper-Vegan period when she wouldn't even wear leather shoes.

A time will come when almost nothing will be allowed, and what is allowed will be the object of severe, po-faced, bullying disapproval. I can't wait.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - smokescreen
I'd have to say its the suspension + shock absorber + chassis setup on my Xsara. Its so smooth across many different surfaces, without losing composure in bends.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Ed V
One more if I may - the night flight system on the Saab, which shut out all dashlighting except the speedo.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - tintin01
Classic Saab 900 turbo - loved the turbo lag. Current Saab 9-5 estate - comfy seats and cooled glovebox. No melted chocolate for me.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Group B
Sadly I can't say mellifluous exhaust note, or staggering performance, but at least the economy is adequate. Favourite gadget has to be:

Heated seats - I used them more over the last winter than ever before; in fact I may have got addicted to them, I was using them last week when the temp was 10'c in the morning, just on for a minute to take the chill off the seat. (Yawn!)

As the proper summer arrives my favourite feature may change to boot space - I bought two mountain bikes last week and was surprised to find I can get both in the back without having to remove wheels or adjust handlebars.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - apm
In the Avensis:

Dual zone Climate control- the Mrs can be roasty toasty while I'm just a little more chilled.
The little zoomy thing the dash needles do on start-up.
Fuel cap release on the driver's door card.
Having a tape player and CD.
Feeling of it having been hewn from solid rather than bolted together.
Nicely patriotic- the little 'Made in Britain' sticker on the inside of the windscreen!

D

On my Vespa:

Zooming through gaps in the traffic!
Dirt cheap running costs.
Not being on the train...

Things I miss from the Volvo 940 estate:

Those fantastic heated seats
Vast load space
Just felt so solid and unbreakable

Things I miss from my 1971 MGB GT:

Sound of the exhaust
Just looking at it gleaming & polished in the sun.

Finally, what I miss from my SEAT Leon Cupra:

That fantastic 20V turbocharged engine.

What's your favourite feature of your car? - 659FBE
My partner's Peugeot 106D has surprised me by its overall fitness for purpose.

Cheap to buy, staggeringly cheap to run especially at today's fuel prices and surprisingly reliable with very few replacements in 138k miles. No rust either.

So, as part of a package, it has to be the sheer economy of the PSA TUD5 engine with a Bosch fuel system. I really wish I could buy a new one the same.

"Progress" has ensured that any inate economy of a new small diesel will be completely nullified by the cost of fixing it.

What's your favourite feature of your car? - Armitage Shanks {p}
5 CD Autochanger in the dash - not the boot!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - SteVee
I'll second the sunroof - it's the thing i miss most when I drive a tintop without one.
The car must have electric rear windows to make the best use of it though.

I do like a car with a decent range
What's your favourite feature of your car? - kithmo
I like the torque and the economy of the diesel engine, but my favorite gadget is the global opening and closing of the windows. (Mk3 Mondeo TDCi)

Edited by kith on 21/05/2008 at 17:12

What's your favourite feature of your car? - bintang
My Hyundai i30, ESP. Enables better, safer cornering than some of the sports cars I have owned.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - smokescreen
There's always the non-pd (and potentially PD) engines that VAG do, hasnt someone around here nearly streched 70mpg out of it?
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Westpig
i'd agree wholeheartedly with the sunroof thing... i think exactly the same way. On a fresh winter's morning, in town , i'll have it open with the heat coming out on my legs and through the centre vent. I'd be willing to pay more for the sunroof option to go with climate.

i don't have one favourite feature, but i do love the car as an all round package

and that package is: smooth, comfortable, reasonably quick, above average handling. Auto is essential, as is leather and aircon/climate. A good stereo is most desirable.

More recently the above requirements have been re-thought somewhat because of the costs of running a smooth V6 auto....so...in the future i'd be prepared to sacrifice some of the smoothness and go with a reasonably pokey diesel auto...but it would be a compromise.
Now you see Westpig, that is interesting. Another admission to oddness from me. I have had several automatics over the years and usually initially rather like them but I am always pleased to get back to a manual. This makes no sense at all as I do quite a high mileage, frequently get stuck in traffic and often drive in urban areas but I just prefer to stir the box and excercise my left leg for some reason. Nothing to do with the alleged "sportiness" of manuals, I just seem to like them more. Huge "toy" fan otherwise.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - mike hannon
4-wheel steering.
I see it's catching on again.
Oh, and the sequential shift - only use it when I get bored and feel like trying a different car.

Edited by mike hannon on 21/05/2008 at 18:03

What's your favourite feature of your car? - bimmer-driver
Convertible roof!!!!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - PoloGirl
The air con - it's ice cold within about 30 seconds.
How shiny and nice he looks when he's all clean.

What's your favourite feature of your car? - b308
How shiny and nice he looks when he's all clean.

Thought all cars were "shes" like trains and ships?? ;)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - pendulum
Remote central locking. Locking each door manually would be an absolute pain, and I'd be forever worrying about whether I left a door open or not. We're always criticising the silly designs in life and we don't often praise the good ones. So whoever's idea that was - thank you.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Bagpuss
My W124 Mercedes Coupe has the feeling of being engineered by someone who looked at every single fixture and sent much time obsessing how to make it work better. They probably fell out with their family as a result but ended up with an astonishingly well thought out product. Examples:

- The central locking which can also, if desired, be operated via the boot lock. This is an interesting anachronism from the days before cars had remote locking.
- The additional central sunvisor in front of the rear view mirror.
- Rain gutters integrated in the windscreen pillars. Widely copied, never seen it work as well as on this car.
- Staggered gate for the auto transmission, brilliantly intuitive.
- Very small turning circle, which assists in parking what is actually a very big car.
- No B pillars, frameless doors and wind down rear windows create a feeling of space second only to a convertible.
- Enormous, cam mounted single windscreen wiper clears almost the entire windscreen.
- Laminated rear window has tiny heating elements in the laminate layer, similar to the Ford Quickclear windscreens, giving an uninterrupted view to the rear.
- Hidden external bonnet catch which pops out when you pull the release lever inside the car, enables you to open the bonnet without getting your hands dirty (though not sure why you would want to).

There are more, but all contribute to the feeling of driving something above the mundane, sadly lacking in the W124's successor.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Bromptonaut
The Berlingo's modutop!!!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Pugugly
Golf - Incredible performance in a shopping car - the turbine smooth engine - incredible, incredible, incredible.

Roomster - its utter no frilliness.

Landie - Its a Landie, 'nuff said.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - gordonbennet
Bagpuss i heartily agree with your post, my 124 coupe really comes into its own this weather, all windows down and roof back, no side pillars, mushroom leather, and the lovely feel of that wood steering wheel, siky smooth gearbox and engine that purrs, but can be terrifying if you boot it.

Ah but, i don't like the fuel consumption that goes with it.

And that chap who designed the thing i would like a word with, as most people know these 124's are good for 20 years plus, so why in all the world would that nitwit design it with a biodegradable engine wiring loom?
I bet half of you think i'm joking, i kid you not, the wiring loom perishes, and shorts out the coils, but don't worry when it goes it won't be lonely, it takes the ecu with it, i know this to my cost. £500 plus fitting for the loom. £1200 for the ecu if it can't be repaired (luckily i have found a top ecu man).
And to think merc people say the 124 is the best...good grief talk about blinkered loyalty. Yes its a lovely car.... when its running right.

My favourite thing about my cars are the proper auto gearbox's.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - maz64
Mk1 Focus Estate Ghia - the (left) arm rest; never had one before. And the indicator noise - quality.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - movilogo
My name begins with an S. My car has same symbol on its grill :o)

What's your favourite feature of your car? - David Horn
Cruise control. Nothing better than being able to catch up on a good book on an empty motorway.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Demon
Has to be the heated front windscreen, a Godsend in winter.

Am I the only one who thinks heated seats give you the same feeling that you get when you've wet yourself? Not that I've done that recently you see...
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Whisky
Climate Control! Ten years ago I used to loudly point out that air conditioning is all very well in southern europe but in this country it is pointless. Oh dear.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Glacier
Can't believe none of the other Saab owners have mentioned the ignition.

Don't other car manufacturers know it's supposed to be next to the handbrake?

Oh, and the highly useful "Black Panel/Night Panel"!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Avant
Golf V 2.0TDI wagon - the fact that you can have vigorous performance, excellent handling AND 50+ mpg.

And yet...... with super-unleaded cheaper than diesel Mrs. Pugugly's Golf GTI (or an Octavia vRS or equivalent A3 or A4) begins to make sense as an alternative even with my highish annual mileage. The FSI 197 bhp engine really is terrific, isn't it - and you have the choice of driving it spiritedly or economically and it will be fine, unlike say a (petrol)Honda or Alfa where you have to keep the revs up akk the time for anything to happen.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - MichaelR
230bhp 3.0 Straight Six. Essential for getting past tourists down here in the Summer.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - billy25
When i had the "Prelude" it was simply the reassuring fact, that whenever i needed it, Spring, Summer,Autumn or Winter, day, night, Sunshine, hail, rain or snow, all i had to do was turn that one little key,...........and it always started, no fuss, no frills, no hassle.
And me miss it! ;-(

Billy
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Mapmaker
I'm pretty fond of the fact that my car drives me around. It has an engine, a wheel at each corner, room for me and passengers, and it goes.

It's a car for goodness sake!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Peter
One that starts everytime, everyday and dose the job.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - L'escargot
My car has so many good features that it's impossible for me to pick out a favourite. But if I'd bought it brand new I'd have specified the optional sunroof even though the car's got aircon. A sunroof is the thing I miss most. So I'm with Shoespy on that one.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - runboy
Difficult for me to pick one as I love a few features of mine (Octavia):

Xenon headlights (fantastic range and light coverage when driving) that come on in the dark when you unlock the car (or stay on when your park up), along with puddle lights in the mirrors - makes dark car parks easier to navigate!

The passenger mirror that dips down when you reverse - handy when you must park 1mm away from the kerb.

The heated front seats - you can't beat a warm rear on a cold morning!

Being able to open/close all the windows from the remote - handy in the summer to let the heat out before you get in.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - glowplug
There's a couple of features I love but then this is the newest car I've owned.

Remote control windows for when your passenger or you forget to close it after removing ignition key.

The auto dimming rear view mirror, works so much better than the flip switch type.

The reversing sensors, I've had add on kits before but they didn't work as well as the one fitted to this car.

Auto folding door mirrors.

Steve.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - boxsterboy
The suspension on my newly acquired Xantia Activa. Very comfortable (slightly stiffer than a standard Xantia), and yet when it comes to the bends, no roll at all, and hence high levels of grip and superb road holding. Shame that the system hasn't caught on, and that the Xantia Activa will probably go down in history as the first and last mass-produced car with active anti-roll suspension.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - tyro
My answer, and those of several other people, can be found here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37702

It might be added that I agree with oilrag about wind up windows, and I certainly agree with Shoespy about sunroofs. Neither of my cars has one at the moment. I often daydream about getting a car with a vast panoramic sunroof. Sigh.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Bilboman
I have two lists.
1. Features which are so commonplace that you don't even notice them day to day:
* Electronic ignition (One of the few notable legacies of Talbot cars, brought to Europe from Chrysler USA)
* power steering
* disc brakes
* radial tyres
* halogen lights (HID for the well-heeled)
* ABS
I could probably add another 100 or more, but won't!

2. Everyday, seemingly unimportant, tangible features, which add up to make a car environment so much more pleasant:
* Leather steering wheel and gearknob (ditto soft touch plastics, etc.)
* Perfectly placed, intuitive minor controls and dials (horn button on every spoke of steering wheel; bright speedo/rev counter needles which the driver can see in periphal vision (70 mph dead vertical, etc.) without constantly having to glance down
* Door stays which hold the door open at *just* the right position without clanging the car in the next parking bay or swinging back to knock the driver's teeth out (I find Vauxhall doors very stiff and atrociously bad in this respect)
* Hydraulic bonnet stay (why don't ALL cars have them?)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - john farrar
How about adding flow through ventilation?
How many remeber misted up interiors?

Thank you Ford - i think the MK1 Cortina was the first(?) to have the system.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - ifithelps
How about adding flow through ventilation - i think the MK1 Cortina was the first(?)

Yep, they called it 'aeroflow' and the heating/ventilation on my Focus is rubbish in comparison - forty years later.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - henry k
>> How about adding flow through ventilation - I think the MK1 Cortina was the first(?)
they called it 'aeroflow' and the heating/ventilation on my Focus is rubbish in comparison - forty years later.

>>
I get the same comments from SWMBO about the lack of air flow.

Yes but we all miss the autumn leaves rustling somewhere in the dash and then blasting into your face when least expected them.

I think lack of air flow applies to most cars and I suspect it is simply down to the introduction of pollen filters that do not allow the blast of air.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - NowWheels
My Peugeot 305 had two brilliant features: a magnificently comfortable ride, and a a humungous luggage area. It also sipped fuel and was very cheap to run, but those weren't things I noticed so frequently. On the downside, the gearchange was the work of the devil.

My current Almera is a soul-less box; I bought it because it is a standardised tool, like a wheeled washing machine (if there was such a thing as a generic car, it'd probably be the Almera). However, it has three things I do regularly appreciate: the climate control, the auto gearbox and the leather steering wheel, which make driving it much more relaxing.

Mostly, though, the Almera is neither a like nor a dislike, It just does what it's supposed to do, and is thoroughly forgettable, which is exactly why I bought it :)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Oilyman
BMW E91 320d

Absolutely Nothing.

Maybe: Getting out of it and walking away.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - niva441
BMW E91 320d
Absolutely Nothing.
Maybe: Getting out of it and walking away.

So it's not just me. Although with the 120d I had the brief misfortune of owning, it was more relief that I was able to walk away from it. I was convinced that car didn't like me and was conspiring to finish me off. So finishing any journey intact was a success.

The options like bluetooth and fully adjustable seats were good, it was just the rest of the car they were bolted to.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Bagpuss
My Peugeot 305 had two brilliant features: a magnificently comfortable ride and a a humungous
luggage area. It also sipped fuel and was very cheap to run but those weren't
things I noticed so frequently. On the downside the gearchange was the work of the
devil.

Ah yes, the gearchange on the Peugeot 305. I remember the gearlever seemed to be about 3 feet long and on my 305 eventually snapped off with the break just above the rubber gaiter thing. I got home on that occasion by jamming a screwdriver into the residual bit of gearlever still attached to the gear linkage and changing gear that way. Shows how expectations have changed though. These days I don't actually keep a screwdriver in the car.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - NowWheels
It wasn't just the three-foot gearlever; it was the combination of this ginormous lever with a box which had massive travel fore-and-aft but very little sideways, and huge spring inside it ... all topped off with a short-travel clutch controlled by such a powerful spring that my left leg ached after driving it in heavy traffic. However the rest of the car was so brilliant that I always forgave the gearchange
What's your favourite feature of your car? - dxp55
The silky smooth Supercharged V6 in my Mazda Xedos 9 - many times it has caught me out with the rev limiter when doing a quick passing maneuver -and of course the auto box.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - MrWednesday
I'm with Shoespy. My 207 SW has the half length panoramic glass roof (can't remember the sales blurb name) but I do love the feeling of space and extra light I get when I put the sunblind right back. Ok, it doesn't open, but on a warm day, with the AirCon on, I love it.

My last car with a sunroof was a Xantia 2.0 I had and never realised just how much I miss the extra light in the summer, or the dull mornings till I got the 207.

I know sunroofs (opening glass ones in the main ) just make me feel better. If you are stuck in an office or a car all day it just cheers your mood to have a bit of daylight on you. Although having said that, I would even open it on a warm night, especially in the country just to smell the air without having my ears blasted by an open side window. I have heard it said that it's all to do with our "third eye", Vitamin D and SAD syndrome or some other mumbo jumbo. Whatever it is, it really works for me.

Edited by Shoespy on 22/05/2008 at 20:22

What's your favourite feature of your car? - Pat L
I've never been a big fan of sunroofs.

Best thing on my Passat is the heated leather seats on a cold winter's day! The two fron seats have their own control which goes from 0-5, and I haven't had it past half-way! I normally turn it to 1 once the car's warmed up. It takes about 2 minutes to kick in but it's a really luxurious feeling.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Kevin Phillips-Bong!
That'll be the view of the Yaris as we drive away from it in something else!
What's your favourite feature of your car? - stunorthants26
My Charade has a welcome message. When you put the key in the ignition, its says
'Hello Happy' on a lil screen between the dials and when you turn it off, is says
'Good By' spelt like that.
It always tickles me, esp the spelling! Gotta love a polite car.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Brian Tryzers
Those who miss or still enjoy a sunroof are (I suspect) those of short-to-middling stature. For the rest of us, the sunroof was, for most of the 90s, the feature that condemned us to the poverty-spec version of any mass-market car - the one with the 1.4 engine, the plastic steering wheel and the mirrors that you had to adjust by getting out of the car. If we wanted anything more, we had to contort ourselves into the space left below the pointless contraption, or risk a consciousness-threatening blow to the cranium from the hard steel edge of its aperture.
I tried a Saab for the first time in 1993, eventually got one in 1996 and have had Swedish cars ever since. But for the mainstream makers' roof-hole folly, I might never have looked at them.

Favourite feature? Several I could name but one I'm glad I paid extra for is the pop-up transverse divider board in the boot, which keeps my lunch and laptop from disappearing into the depths of the cavern when there's not much else in there.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - bathtub tom
>>Those who miss or still enjoy a sunroof are (I suspect) those of short-to-middling stature.

I rejected buying a Rover 45 and an AX precisely for this reason. I couldn't sit comfortably in them without my head hitting the roof, because of fitted sunroofs (sunrooves?). I'm 6' 1".
What's your favourite feature of your car? - tyro
Those who miss or still enjoy a sunroof are (I suspect) those of short-to-middling stature.

6'1".

Love sunroofs.

And MPVs.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Westpig
surely someone tall and wanting a sunroof in a car would only need to purchase the model with fully adjustable seats, so that they can lower the driver's seat

to me buying the base model without the sunroof is an extreme way of dealing with the issue
What's your favourite feature of your car? - billy25
>>Those who miss or still enjoy a sunroof are (I suspect) those of short-to-middling stature.<<

Humbug!! - since when did car manufacturers build cars with lower roofs just so they could have an opening sun-hole in them?. All my cars have had factory- fitted flush holes in them, and these were certainly no lower than the same model without.
If you have to contort yourself to get into a car with a sunroof, then it is obviously the wrong choice for one of "lanky" stature, but, if it's a nice enough day to have it open, then simply open it before you get in! - plenty of headroom then! ;-)

Billy 5'7" loves sun-holes, an never bumped head on one yet ;-)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - john farrar
It's not the top of the roof that's lower, it's the roof lining as the "inside" of the roof has to contain the mechanism and the glass"roof" when it's opened.
By the way I have found that the Sierra/405/Omega cars that I've driven(Company owned) have all been fitted with sun roofs and have all been marginal on head room . The non sun roof equivqlents have been better. I am 6' tall.
For this reason and as I'm now retired and buy my own cars , I now opt not to have one.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - adverse camber
I'm with John and Will. I'm 6'4" and a sunroof in many cars make the difference between it being feasible to own. Worst case I think you can loose 2" of headroom with a sunroof. I first came across this years ago when my parents went from an Audi 80 without sunroof to one with. I couldn't drive the new one without having the seat so reclined I felt as if I was laying down.
I dont like having my head right on the roof of the car and lowering the seat to the bottom of its travel usually leaves the base of the seat near horizontal so that my legs get no thigh support

>>Billy 5'7" loves sun-holes, an never bumped head on one yet ;-)
Short then.

best features? When I first had a car with heated seats I thought 'what a gimic' but I missed them when I got a car without.
AWD is pretty good for the handling/roadholding. I went from a hot 2.3t saab to a subaru svx and found my cross country driving in poor weather so much more relaxed.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - henry k
>>By the way I have found that the Sierra/405/Omega cars that I've driven(Company owned) have all been fitted with sun roofs and have all been marginal on head room.
>>The non sun roof equivqlents have been better.
>>
Certainly older Granadas were also a problem.
My boss, about 6', had to wait for his special order Granada company car with no sunroof so he got the extra head room.
So I see it as a long standing problem? :-)
What's your favourite feature of your car? - Brian Tryzers
>> Those who miss or still enjoy a sunroof are (I suspect) those of short-to-middling stature.

> 6'1".

Middling.
};---)
It's not a matter of height, it's a matter of proportions. Some people are normal and others have a long cylindrical body on scuttling bandy little legs.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - doctorchris
Dry Turquoise Panda 4x4 with roof bars.
Tall and a unique colour, so I never lose it in the car park.
What's your favourite feature of your car? - bathtub tom
>>Some people are normal and others have a long cylindrical body on scuttling bandy little legs.

OI!
Who are you calling bandy? ;>)
Certainly not you bt... but still, if the, er, trousers fit...

:o}
What's your favourite feature of your car? - dja
Well obviously there is the sunroof, but also the whole roof that folds away (it's an EOS). But more suprising, is the nearside mirror that folds down for reversing and back again. Rear visibility is not the best in a coupe.

Things I miss, are the automatic lights. I thought they were a gimmick until I had a car with them for some time. Never could get the wipers right, but the lights were great.

Slow depreciation and excellent economy are a given.

regards,
daren