2000 2.0 MAF Sensor related problem - Fuziduck
Hi,

I have a 306 hdi and hopefully one of you can help shed some light on my problem.
Basically the other week I was checking over my engine and noticed my MAF sensor cable was not connected.
It may have fallen out, so i plugged it back in and the car seemed to drive with more power.
However I have noticed that when revved from low or idle i can hear a slight rattling, the rattle lasts for a second or so, then the engine continues as normal.
It comes from the rear offside of the engine bay by the EGR possibly. This happens when stood still or when moving and accelerating, it is more noticable under load. As soon as i unplug the MAF and rev the engine it runs with no noise, could it possibly be a problem with the EGR and be potentially dangerous.

Sorry for long post and thanks in advance

Luke

Edited by Fuziduck on 19/05/2008 at 18:18

2000 2.0 MAF Sensor related problem - Screwloose
Luke

If the MAF plug was out [often forgetten during servicing] then the MIL light would be on - why wasn't it? Bulb removed?
2000 2.0 MAF Sensor related problem - Fuziduck
Er engine management light comes on briefly when on ignition, however once running the light goes out, this happens the same whether the plug is on or not. Im more worried about the noise that it makes when it is plugged in, it may have been removed by the last owner as they new there was a fault?