Fiat Grande Punto v's Ford Focus (hiring) - nick62
I need to hire a car for two adults, a 10 and 7 year old (plus 10 days worth of luggage from/to the airport) in Italy this summer.

The Fiat Grande Punto is a bit cheaper than a Ford Focus to hire! Are they approximately the same size?

Both are showing in the same class as five door c/w aircon. I was wondering if the Ford is a bit more expensive because "us Brits" are more likely to hire this instead of the Fiat?

I don't want to make a p*ll*ck of myself when I arrive to find the Grande Punto only as big as a Fiesta!

I can find some sizes/specs. from the Fiat website, but the Ford website is absolutely hopeless, so I can't make a comparison here. I don't really want to wander around Sainsbury's car park looking for one of each to compare either.
Fiat Grande Punto v's Ford Focus (hiring) - oldtoffee
Quick check on a site that enables you to compare up to three cars surprised me as I thought the Punto would be a size smaller all round.

The Punto has more front headroom and more leg room front and back but the Focus has more rear headroom. The Punto's boot is 275 ltrs vs 396 for the Focus.
Fiat Grande Punto v's Ford Focus (hiring) - nick62
Thanks for that Neil.

So the Focus has 44% more boot space or the Grande Punto has 30% less, (depending on how you do the arithmetic)!

I think I'll go for the Focus and not risk having one of the kids maul a suitcase all the way to the hotel & back.
Fiat Grande Punto v's Ford Focus (hiring) - rtj70
You'll go for the Focus and end up with a FIAT Bravo ;-) The FIAT model that should be around the size of a Focus. Remember you get a particular class of car usually and cannot be sure you'll get a Focus - e.g. you might get an Astra.