04 1.3D Left hand indicators, Intermittent fault - esp
Corsa Life CDTI 3 door Z-13-DT 1248cc first reg may 2004

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this irritating fault.
The left indicator works intermittently. It has been doing this for several months. A few days ago it passed its MOT! at Caffyns main dealer.So it was working properly for a short time!!

In the past it worked properly for varying lengths of time after the hazard lights had been on for a while. Then it reverted back to intermittent periods of working.

All the bulbs are working and the fuse is fine. The energy managment symbol is on most of the time. Is this related? After about 1 min it comes on and stays on.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/05/2008 at 01:08

04 1.3 D Direction indicator fault Intermittent wo - Screwloose
esp

These have a weird double flasher unit that works each side independently. It's quite possible that the left side is failing.
04 1.3 D Direction indicator fault Intermittent wo - Lud
It can sometimes help to take the bulbs out and put them back, jiggling them around as you do so, and also plug and unplug the leads to the light clusters. Very small quantities of dust or corrosion salts can interfere with proper contact and cause this sort of fault. Or so I have sometimes found in the past.
04 1.3 D Direction indicator fault Intermittent wo - topbloke
i usually end up changeing the relay in the bcm (body control module) right hand side of the engine bay under the scuttle panel (bit of a pig to get at )
04 1.3 D Direction indicator fault Intermittent wo - helmet
Reminds me of the old indicator joke:

Man says to passer by, 'Can you tell me if my indicator is working?'
Passer by says,'Yes it is,no it isn't,yes it is,no it isn't............

Tumbleweed anyone?
04 1.3D Left hand indicators, Intermittent fault - potatohead
Definitely sounds like the relay is failing.I had a similar problem with our Meriva,and as another correspondent says,the relay is a little swine to get at.Best if you can remove the passenger side wiper coz that improves accessibility,but if you cant, prepare to lose some skin off your arm.

Value my car