1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - VR6
The coolant hose which connects the throttle body > heater matrix > cylinder head has a small split / hole in it. I replaced it a few years ago with a genuine VW part, which cost about £50, but its now leaking again.

Is there anyway I can repair the hose instead of buying a new one for £50?
1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - jc2
Unless it is a very peculiar shape,get some straight hose from an accessory shop or Halfords.
Its a very strange shape. Its got a T junction in it which goes to the throttle body and a dog leg on the section which goes into the bulkhead.
1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - piston power
I have used copper pipe before so long as the old rubber hose goes over the pipe a jubilee clip will hold no problem.

You can make the T piece out of the copper and hoses to the various locations.

A good tip to get the hose over the copper pipe is to bash the rubber hose with a hammer to soften the rubber it then will push over no probs.

Good luck.
1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - Peter.N.
...or you can get plastic 'T' pieces from garden centres or hardware stores.

Edited by Peter.N. on 14/05/2008 at 15:50

1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - focusman
hi
try eurocarparts a quick look on there site gave me an 'meyle' water hose (head to heat x) vr6', Throt housing-Matrix-Head
at just over £27 +vat which comes to £32.51. is this what your after
Thats the one. I have 'bodged' it for now, but I'm not to confident about doing a long journey, so I'll try the one from eurocarparts. Cheers.
1997 2.8 Coolant hose repair - Talking Hoarse
Also try GSF car parts - sometimes better & cheaper (in my opinion) than Eurocarparts.