Reporting dangerous vehicle - teabelly
Is it best to report a dangerous vehicle to the local plod just on their normal number or is there a national scheme for reporting vehicles in dangerous condition?

I ask as today I followed a B reg maestro with one rear wheel which was wobbling visibly, both rear tyres were bald and the driver's side rear the canvas could be seen. Car was clearly a death trap. Its uninsured but it has current tax.
Reporting dangerous vehicle - bathtub tom
Are you sure the wheel was wobbling, and not just the wheel trim? The latter seems increasingly common nowadays.
Reporting dangerous vehicle - teabelly
I thought it was just the wheel trim until I looked at the inside of the wheel and saw the wobble was just as noticeable. You could see it waggling on the hub! I was quite amazed at a maestro having not rusted away too.

I'll ring plod tomorrow.
Reporting dangerous vehicle - bbroomlea{P}
Im surprised you have seen a B reg Maestro to be honest!! Cant remember when I last saw a Maestro, let alone 25 year old one. I once reported a dangerous car driving erratically to the police but got the impression they were not that bothered - could have been wrong though and it wouldnt put me off doing it again.
Reporting dangerous vehicle - Martin Devon
Phone plod. Waste of time but it'll give you something to do. Yes, I do know what I am talking about before any of you go off on one!

MD
Reporting dangerous vehicle - grumpyscot
Report it to Crimestoppers, then it will officially be recorded and tracked. If you phone the plod direct, they're liable to "forget" to write it down...........

Personally, I'd look for an opportunity to place a convenient 6 inch nail up against a tyre.......
Reporting dangerous vehicle - L'escargot
Report it to Crimestoppers .........

Is it in fact a "crime" in the sense in which Crimestoppers get involved?
Reporting dangerous vehicle - BazzaBear {P}
I reported an MGTF once to the local police station, as it was travelling down the road diagonally. Not sure why, damaged chassis, or suspension issues maybe? Either way, the driver clearly wasn't up to driving with it in that condition, they were all over the place.
They said that they would visit the owner and check up, but obviously I have no idea whether this really happened.
Reporting dangerous vehicle - Optimist
What about reporting what you consider dangerous driving?

I was followed for about two or three miles the other day by a bloke talking on his blackberry type mobile phone. I was concerned he was going to drive into the back of me. Then we both joined an A road and I was able to pull away. He went on still talking.

Distinctive drop top BMW with a personal plate. I looked for a police car but, in the way of things, didn't see one.

Should I have phoned?
Reporting dangerous vehicle - Happy Blue!
I have certainly phoned the police to report dangerous driving on the motorway and they definately followed it up, as I could see the police join the motorway at the next junction and tuck very neatly behind the offending vehicle.