What is the best 4X4 - Gaj9
Im looking for a 4x4 which has great fuel economy, great looks (to impress the ladies), 6 seats or more, reasonable reliability and has a good wading depth/ground clearence. What recommendations would you offer. thank you
In terms of looks which of the following would you opt for:

1. Terrano
2. Maverick
3. Ford Ranger
4. Frontera
5. Isuzu Trooper
6. Nissan Pathfinder
7. L200
8. Landcruiser
9. Landcruiser Amazon
10. Hyundai Santa Fe
11. Shogun
12. Land Rover Discovery
13. Defender
14. Freelander
15. Range rover
16. Range rover sport
17. Honda CRV
18. Shogun Sport
19. Rav4
20. Xtrail
21. Patrol
22. XC90
23. Bmw x3
24. Grand vitara
25. Merc ML
26. Bmw x5
27. Toureag
28. Ford Explorer
29. Lexus RX
What is the best 4X4 - Paul I
That's some wish list !! Could you define "great fuel economy please"
Around 30 MPG or preferably more, would you say this is a good for a 4x4.
What is the best 4X4 - jbif
Im looking for a 4x4 ... What recommendations would you offer. thank you

I think you have asked the same question a number of times in the last 6 months. And you apologised to Pugugly the moderator " We've had an apology from the OP for the multiple postings ! "

P.S. What car did you get for your 17 year son?

Edited by jbif on 09/05/2008 at 18:03

Oright sorry for the repitive emails, its just that i was new on the forum and wanted to know quite quickly. sorry.

ps. I Got a 2004 Corsa. 1.0 life.
What is the best 4X4 - Screwloose

There's only one way to impress ladies - a huge..... wallet.

So forget "great fuel economy" and buy a brand-new Porsche Cayenne with as many hideous accessories as the salesman can sell you.

Then you can lean on the bar; brag loudly about how much it cost you - and watch them all start to home in.....
What is the best 4X4 - PhilW
"great looks (to impress the ladies), 6 seats or more"
How many ladies are you hoping to impress? And will they feel let down by the driver after such an impressive car??? ;-)
You forgot the Outlander/C-crosser/Peugeot thing! Clarkson seemed impressed - perhaps you could pick him up!
Good luckin your quest
What is the best 4X4 - ukjazz
If its your own money and not acompany car thing

There is only 1 choice for you ex army Land Rover 90 try the website
www.witham-sv.com

thier choice is excellent
What is the best 4X4 - quizman
If you want a dirty girl the Defender is the one to go for. They are the best in mud.

If I wanted to pull a bird I would get an Aston Martin, and lose a couple of stones (that's 28 lbs) not anythig else.
What is the best 4X4 - NARU
I do like Landrover 101s, but I guess they don't meet the fuel economy challenge.

My solution to this problem was a Landcruiser. The 'baby' LC120 will give 31.4 mpg (Auto version) with 8 seats and will probably do 200,000 miles without a hiccup. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As to looks ... I still prefer the 101!
What is the best 4X4 - doctorchris
Panda 4x4 and ditch 1 or 2 of your passengers depending on whether you have a rear middle seat belt or not.
What is the best 4X4 - Mapmaker
Presumably space for six sitting = space for two not sitting...

What is the best 4X4 - Alby Back
Buy a "classic" sportscar, an MG or a Spitfire or a Stag or something. You can get and run a good one for buttons and the girls will love it. ( well they used to anyway! ) You will look a lot more interesting than if you buy a modern 4/4 and you will be a lot richer. A secondary saving will be made on the resultant lack of need for hair management products as after a couple of miles in one of those with the roof down you will have achieved the modern finger-in-light-socket look for free.

;-)

Anyway, enjoy whatever you buy, I only wish I were young enough to have your dilemma.

PS always wear good shoes, they notice that too, trust me!
What is the best 4X4 - nortones2
Corgi. They make models that appreciate, and are phenomenal on fuel.
What is the best 4X4 - Billy Whizz
jimmyboy, what have you got against Jeeps?
What is the best 4X4 - jbif
jimmyboy, what have you got against Jeeps?

and about all the other advice given before:
Best 4x4 Overall - jimmyboy Sat 22 Dec 07 14:41 Replies: 36
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=58529&...f

questions about 4x4s - jimmyboy Sat 22 Dec 07 14:41 Replies: 17
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=58659&...f

How about joining up the threads?

What is the best 4X4 - PoloGirl
From memory, that second link was the result of merging a few threads!

4x4s don't impress women, unless they are Cayennes or you are actually a farmer who needs one. :)

Shoespy has it right on the shoe front.
What is the best 4X4 - Pugugly
Shoe front quite right, as I wriggle my toes in tan Rohan Cordoba shoes.
What is the best 4X4 - PoloGirl
Are you sure you haven't retired yet, PU? You'll be telling me you've got trousers with an elasticated waist and one of those man-purses where you have to shake your coins out next. Deary me.
What is the best 4X4 - Alby Back
PU - while I humbly bow to your superior knowledge on matters legal and admire the sheer chutzpah of your choice of transport..........we really need to talk about your footwear issues........................;-)
What is the best 4X4 - Screwloose

Shoes have names now??
What is the best 4X4 - RaineMan

When I were a lad we lived on a farm. Land Rover launched a new vehicle - the Range Rover - and the manager brought one. The original 2 door was, in my view, the most attractive 4x4 ever and highly capable. So get one of these (only 10 -15 mpg though) and a two seater sports car. This way you will have your 4x4 and a car to attract the ladies. A new monster 4x4 with six seats will make them think you are a married man with 4 kids!
What is the best 4X4 - Garethj
Pinzgauer. You lose a bit on the economy but the wading depth is excellent and it'll seat loads. Probably snaps knicker elastic at 50 paces too, of a certain kind of woman....
What is the best 4X4 - gordonbennet
And you forgot the king of bling....the stretch hummer...there are several for sale at the moment if you have a look, one of them in a lustrous shade of pink with a matching interior with mirrored roof for those fantasy moments, and side on seating could make an unusual bird puller.

However the type of ladies i've seen alighting these machines give me the heebies.