Missing engine - ifithelps
What's happened to Ford's 1.6 Duratec Ti-Vct engine?

It's missing from the current Focus range, but the last brochure described it as 'fresh and exciting' and 'leading the engine line up'.

Not such an anoraky question as it sounds, because the extra 15/20 bhp over the standard 1.6 made a big difference.

The Ti-Vct also used less fuel, so it seemed to be a winner all round.

For those interested, Ti-Vct stands (stood?) for twin independent variable camshaft timing.

Missing engine - Lud
I thought this thread would be a story about the horrors of auctions for the inexperienced... I once bought a small Citroen at an auction that turned out to have no reverse gear... Doh
... I once bought a small Citroen at an auction that turned out to have
no reverse gear... Doh

Reminds me of a used trader who bought an old shape Beetle with a dented roof from another trader.

The car was offered to my mate because he was very short and the seller assumed, correctly, he wouldn't see the damage.

Missing engine - Lud
I trust it turned out all right apart from having been jumped on, hadn't been rolled or anything (a lot of old Beetles were)?
I trust it turned out all right apart from having been jumped on hadn't been
rolled or anything (a lot of old Beetles were)?

I was a young car salesman at the time and the trader told me the story as part of what he saw as my education.

We didn't check trade-ins well enough for his liking and I think that is still true of some dealers today.

I reckon you could part-ex a car with no reverse gear without the salesman spotting it, might take a few visits to different showrooms, but I'm sure it would be possible.

Missing engine - Stuartli
Missing engine? I'm sure you would have cottoned on pretty quickly...:-)
Missing engine - Avant
On how many cylinders is it missing? :)

Edited by Avant on 09/05/2008 at 02:08

Missing engine - Cliff Pope
Years ago a friend had his rusty Austin A35 totally stripped of parts overnight while parked in his drive. In the morning it was just a body shell standing on bricks.
Missing engine - DP
Reminds me of what happened to a friend's Nissan Primera at our old office.

White Transit van pulls up in front of it (between the office and the car). An hour or so later, white Transit pulls away. Nissan Primera is now minus all four wheels, one front wing, radiator grille and bonnet.

In broad daylight on a sunny afternoon at about 2:00.

Cheers
DP
Missing engine - Billy Whizz
And here I am on the mistaken assumption that the OP might have got a meaningful answer to his intriguing question. ;-)
Missing engine - NARU
And here I am on the mistaken assumption that the OP might have got a
meaningful answer to his intriguing question. ;-)

He should have given a more sensible subject title then!
Missing engine - Cliff Pope
>> And here I am on the mistaken assumption that the OP might have got
a
>> meaningful answer to his intriguing question. ;-)
>>

Something like "Why is Ford's 1.6 Duratec Ti-Vct engine missing from the Focus range?" you mean?
Missing engine - dxp55
This pilot also had same problem
They write problem on a gripe sheet and and service engineer writes fix.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

>>

Mmm, must say I think the first line of the original post should get at least some marks for clarity:

Missing engine - Pugugly
Meanwhile - back on planet topic.
Missing engine - L'escargot

Is it fitted to any model, or has it been dropped completely?