03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - stevieb75
Hi guys,

I have a 03 reg 307 hdi 110 bhp (RHS) and have recenly had the ECU remapped to increase its performance (now 145bhp). the car has only done 46k, mostly urban driving, and has been regularly serviced (although not by peugeot). it has just given me the "Unblock Diesel Filter" warning and beep. I've read on here that there may be a couple ways to resolve this ie, take for a drive above 50mph for 5mins or if that don't work bite the bullet and get peugeot to change the filter.

However, my question is could the fact that I have had the ECU remapped have any bearing on the above fault?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - Screwloose
Steve

The FAP regeneration is integrally linked to the fuelling control as it uses extra post-TDC pulses per stroke to stoke the fire.

Was the "re-mapping" program compatible with the much more complex FAP system?

If it's not regenerating; then changing the FAP will be a very short-lived cure.
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - stevieb75
Hi Screwloose,

Thanks for the very swift reply. the fault only started this evening which got me digging around on here for any info & i'm glad I did. I've just taken it for a drive down the m5 to see if the regen process would kick in & it appears to have done the trick (fingers crossed). the engine diagnostic warning light has gone off where it was previously permanently on. i mainly do urban driving in traffic (commuting to & from birmingham everyday) so driving at 50mph+ for over 5 mins straight is not an everyday/week occurence. now I know this is required i will ensure it sdone more often and as i said this seems to have done the trick.

The ECU remap (original chip remap & not an additional chip) was done professionally by Angel Tuning & the guy seemed pretty clued up so i am presuming the new settings written to the eeprom are compatible with the FAP system. i was just concerned that this fault had only just started a month or so after having the remap done & wondered if it may be a contributing factor?

Thanks for your reply and it definately pays to do a bit of research before calling a garage as I bet peugeot would have advised a filter change etc which would've cost a few hundred £.

Cheers,

steve
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - doctorchris
Excuse my ignorance but why should changing the Diesel filter cost so much? On my Nissan Terrano 2 a new filter was only a few quid and easy to change, or are we talking about a much more esoteric component here?
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - Screwloose
Dr Chris

That message causes endless confusion. It refers to the diesel particle filter in the exhaust that has a truly Heath-Robinson inspired "control" system that rarely seems to work as advertized and is making literally £millions for Peugeot/Citroen dealers.

It's distinctly possible that servicing the diesel emission equipment across the lifetime of the car will bring in more profit that the original sale of the vehicle.

The typical dealer price to service these nightmare additions is between £500 to £900 at around every 50,000 miles - and that's only for the scheduled work. It's rarely a routine operation.....

New exhaust pressure sensors are commonly needed @ around £250 and even the cap magnets drop off with boring regularity, preventing the system from monitoring how much fuel is being added. Even re-setting the additive tank quantity can take many attempts - all charged at dealer rate.....

I haven't seen a £1000+ bill for "FAP 'n Fill" - yet; but there have been many that have run up to £900, so it's only a matter of time.....

I would love to know if the salesmen advise potential HDi buyers what they're letting themselves in for......
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - doctorchris
Thanks for the explanation, I'll avoid Peugeot/Citroen diesels in the future then.
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - Galad
>Thanks for the explanation, I'll avoid Peugeot/Citroen diesels in the future then>

Are there any other manufacturers using these HDi units?
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - lrg
Hi,
I know this is a year after the original post, but I am thinking of getting my 307 sw remapped by Angel Tuning and am worried about the FAP problem that was raised.
I am just wondering if it was the remap that caused this or if it was just coincidence that the Unblock Diesel Filter problem came up at near enough the same time.
Any info appreciated ;-)
03 2.0 "Unblock Diesel Filter" - Armitage Shanks {p}
I don't know about the re-mapping but what happens to the insurance premiums when the increased horsepower is reported to the insurers? I have taken to driving my 1.6Hdi around in 4th gear for point to point driving, to keep the rpm above 2000 and keep the exhaust a bit hotter. I was getting re-gens 2 or 3 times a week in 200 miles driving and using 4th seems to help.