2002 2.0 hdi engine misfire - synseal
i have a peugeot 607 2.0hdi 110 hp 52 plate with 90000 miles on the clock its been ok apart from the fap filter witch cloged but has been replaced but it has now developed a missfire well not a missfire but at low throtle openings or just before going on to overrun i.e coasting the engine picks up and makes the car surge for a split second it dosnt do it all the time but seems more likey to happen when the car is up to running tempreture there is no engine managment light on

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/06/2008 at 00:11

52 2.0 hdi engine missfire - Screwloose

There's a lot of things that might cause that effect. A stuck EGR or intake valve; a fuel pressure regulator fault, or air in the diesel causing pressure variations; a fly-by-wire or brake pedal sensor fault; turbo vanes sticking - all sorts.

Unless you can get it to do it with a scanner plugged in and recording all the live data; it's going to be time-consuming and expensive to find.
52 2.0 hdi engine missfire - synseal
more news today i pulled out one at a time all of the plugs on the sensors on the engine also ive removed what i would call the throttle position switch the thing that turns when you push down the throttle this felt abit rough as you turned it not stiff more like lumpy
however the fault seems to have gone now but i dont know what i have done maybe a dry or dirty joint on one of the conections or a broken wire or perhaps the throttle position switch thing thanks for your reply screwloose
02 2.0hdi ecu earth location - synseal
i have a problem with my 607 its been misfiring its been on a computer to read the fault codes there were lots of them they have been cleared down most were earth faults the garage said its most likely to be a bad earth to the ecu however i have know idea were the outher end of the wire is
02 2.0hdi ecu earth location - Screwloose

Any idea what the exact codes were? There are four earths on the ECU and I'm having trouble positively identifying exactly where they go. The main earth point near the battery is the most likely for at least one.
02 2.0hdi ecu earth location - synseal
all for the engine management ecu
dust filter defect eobd pef overload permanent
fault in the accelerator pedal that is jammed eobd undefined permanent
sensors power suppiy fault eobd short circuit to earth permanent
diesel pressure signal fault eobd power supply short circuited to positive or short circuited to earth permanent
turbo pressure signal fault eobd characterization 8 removed power supply short circuited to positive or short circuited to earth permanent
accelerator pedal 1 eobd signal fault power supply short circuited to possitive or short circuited to earth permanent
accelerator pedal 2 eobd signal fault power supply short circuited to positive or short circuited to earth permanent
02 2.0hdi ecu earth location - Screwloose

I see....

Right; forget the ECU earths; you've got much more serious matters to worry about. Step one; confirm that the letters RHS appear in the VIN [chassis number.] Then post the exact fault-code numbers. Those code definitions are rubbish.

How many miles has it done? When was the FAP [exhaust particulate filter] in the exhaust last changed? Do those codes recur after being cleared? Did they occur spontaneously, or had someone been randomly unplugging before they were read?
02 2.0hdi fault codes - Screwloose

PSA's 3,000 numbered fault-codes are system specific; [one number may have six, totally different, meanings on different ECUs] some of those definitions are so ludicrously adrift, it needs the actual numbers [not the tool's guesswork of what they mean] to get to the bottom of what was stored.

Most of those code definitions just don't exist in the listed codes.
02 2.0 hdi engine missfire - synseal
yes RHS do appear in the chassis number the particulate filter was changed 5000 miles ago the milage is now 91000 yes the fault codes do reocur over time the fault codes were given to me by the peugeot main dealer they told me they are the faults and there machine doesnt give numbers . I guess that psa or p codes come from a snap on machine just one last thing their is a butterfly vavle on the inlet manifold its black plastic and is opperated by a vacuum pipe that goes to a solinoid vavle mounted on the bulkhead the butterfly is fluctuating when the engine is running is this correct also the engine only misfires occasionally normally when the wife and kids are in the car possably because the engine is working harder normally you would have to drive it 30 ish miles befor anything happens thats why i think its somthing electrical i e breaking down as it gets hotter

{separate threads all merged together as related to one another}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/06/2008 at 00:14